Principal Solutions Architect
Why you should join us…
The use of data to drive insight and decision making is key to ITV's future.
Our strategy is to continue to grow our successful Production and Broadcast businesses whilst building a world-class portfolio of digital 'direct to consumer' products underpinned by industry-leading monetisation capabilities including programmatic advertising and subscription management. All of this will be enabled by strong Technology and Data analytics capabilities.
Business Area Overview:
This role is to help ITV grow our capabilities by building out a scalable data architecture that can achieve the organization's strategic goals, while being delivered in an incremental, iterative manner, potentially across multiple teams and projects.
As we enter the fourth industrial revolution, anyone who joins the team will have the opportunity to work on genuinely ground-breaking innovations so that we can continue to blend science into a creative business.
This role entails…
You will be responsible for investigating the existing systems in place, identifying requirements and designing data architecture best fit to meet those requirements, while working with data platform and product teams on building out the respective systems and services in line with the strategy and principles defined by the Chief Engineer and peers.
- Own the documentation of the overall data mesh platform architecture and all its components
- Work with the platform team and multiple cross-functional teams to design and standardised architecture patterns across our data mesh framework
- Put in place and communicate a set of principles in line with existing best practices supporting services performance, discoverability, compliance, security and auditability
- Support the platform team and cross-functional teams in their effort to gather and translate stakeholder requirements into best in class platform, data pipelines, services etc.
- Communicate with stakeholders on multiple levels to ensure that architecture guidelines and best practices are followed throughout the data mesh
What do I need to get this role/job?
- Proven experience designing systems and architecture patterns in an organisation
- Proven experience of working in an agile development environment, with multiple cross-functional teams as well as technical teams
- Strong experience and understanding of the AWS cloud ecosystem and existing services
- Ability to form strong relationships across the wider business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to build credibility and trust when engaging with Executive level stakeholders
- Experience of evaluating 3rd party providers and driving implementation of post commercial negotiations
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria above)
- Previous experience as an engineer or developer (backend, data...)
- Demonstrable knowledge of data systems and associated architectures that drive automation & optimisation
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical audiences to promote the data mesh overall architecture
- Strong conceptual data modelling knowledge
What we can offer:
We offer a competitive salary and 5 weeks' holiday on top of public holidays, plus the option to buy more. Other benefits include annual bonus plan, life assurance cover, and interest-free season-ticket loans, an opportunity to buy ITV shares, and the chance to join pension, health insurance, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes.
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that's why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything via the 'apply' button.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications
More searches like this
- Data Protection Technology, IT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Systems Analyst Technology, IT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Systems Engineer Technology, IT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Technology, IT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom