Senior IT Auditor
Your new role
Do you want to deliver high quality audits from planning to completion across all areas of IT?
As a Senior Auditor your role will be to help strengthen the company's risk management, internal control and governance arrangements, with the overall results incorporated into the annual assurance statement. Reporting into the IT Audit Manager, you will be responsible for managing your day-to-day duties to ensure you meet deadlines and audit milestones. If you have excellent communication and collaboration skills, and experience of presenting at all levels of the Digital Services world up to and including the Executive Director. If you have gathered information and documentation to complete successful audits and hold CISA qualification then this is the role for you.
The IT and Audit teams are predominantly located in Leeds, Birmingham or Guildford; however, we have the flexibility to offer other locations with some home working for the right candidate. This role also has the potential to be offered on a part-time or job share basis and has flexibility to ensure you have a great work-life balance.
What you'll be leading on
- Delivering the planning and execution of high quality individual audits through planning, fieldwork and reporting stages that meet quality and professional standards.
- Work with senior management to agree any findings and management actions and report your results to the auditees.
- Managing client relations and expectations with staff and managers at all levels.
- Providing independent, objective and practical support and advice to management and clients on IT risk management, internal control and governance arrangements.
- Contributing to the development of audit and assurance policies, practices and plans, as well as the overall management of the division, to ensure that it continues to produce high quality work that meets the organisation's needs.
- Travel to other National Highways and supplier premises with overnight stays as necessary
To be successful
- CISA qualification
- Significant knowledge and experience of IT audit, including COBIT/ITIL, project development (Agile, Waterfall, MSP/PRINCE2), IT vendor management, ERP audit, IT risk and security.
- Desirable to have experience in using data analytic tools (such as IDEA, ACL etc).
- Experience supporting the development of audit strategies and plans, and proven demonstrable experience undertaking and delivering audits in a timely and quality manner.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships with the ability to engage and influence where necessary.
- Ability to manage own workload, using own initiative, demonstrating strong planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and present results in front of others and manage difficult conversations.
- Experience in writing and managing reports for a variety of stakeholders including the board and executive is essential.
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to join our Finance & Business Services (FBS) team.
Our directorate is responsible for managing the company's £4 billion a year finances, overall governance, assurance and risk management, managing the company's large and dispersed estate, processing damages claims and the operation of the Dart Charge facility. A lot of what we do is like oil in the organisational machinery. We make the business work more smoothly and we help everyone to do their jobs better. Our vision is to work through partnership and collaboration to secure great resource outcomes for the company and amplify what we achieve with it.
Why you should join us
At National Highways, safety is our number one priority. It is one of our core values, as well as a behaviour we expect from our people.
Our vision is that everyone who uses our roads, as well as those who work for us, get home, safe and well. Our Home Safe and Well approach sets out our commitments and how our employees can contribute.
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.