Manager - Digital Audit, Risk Assurance Practice
The C.I. Risk Assurance Practice
PwC Channel Islands have exciting opportunities for experienced individuals to work in our growing Digital Audit team within our Risk Assurance practice.
Digital Audit is a specialist team within Risk Assurance that combines a mix of technology, data, business and accounting expertise to how we audit clients across all industries. There are two sides to Digital Audit which include; using our latest tools to help digitise the way we deliver audits and controls assurance through automation, AI, data analytics and innovation - known as Digital Auditing. The other side is Auditing Digital which involves auditing our client's technology to give them assurance that security and controls are in place. This includes infrastructure, Cloud, and applications.
Working within our Team
As part of the team, you'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and technologies and you'll develop the business skills, knowledge and relationships you need to build a career that's more than just numbers. We're constantly investing in audit technology and the skills of our people to keep up with the rapid pace of change and to deliver trust that is deeper, broader and more forward-looking.
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in Digital Audit and be able to demonstrate prior experience in a Big-4 firm with a specialisation in financial services.
You will need to be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations to maximise and deliver tangible results and client value.
About the role
As a Manager in our Risk Assurance team your impact will be seen by:
- Managing the Digital Audit work required to support the engagements of our external audit practice
- Providing our clients with confidence in their internal controls by identifying risks, regulatory obligations and internal control points within their end-to-end business processes
- Supporting business development opportunities and identifying new ways to help our clients achieve their business aspirations
- Developing internal capability by providing coaching in controls methodology, risk management procedures and coaching junior team members
- Building trust-based relationships with clients that allow for the effective adoption of internal control advice
Essential skills & experience required:
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or international equivalent)
Or part Qualified and working towards your full ACA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification
Or Accounting or Technology-based Bachelor Degree, plus CISA with a minimum of five years' work experience in IT Audit
- Demonstrable experience of supporting the external audit practice of a Big-4 firm as an IT Controls specialist.
- A background in internal controls and are skilled in providing assurance to organisations within the wealth management industry and hold an understanding of controls reporting standards such as ISAE 3402, ISAE3000, SSAE 18, SOC1 and SOC2.
- Experience of helping clients understand the risks facing their organisations and how to develop appropriate controls to mitigate those risks.
- Experience in managing junior colleagues and an interest in developing others
- Experience in working in complex environments with large organisations
- Strong time management skills, including flexibility to work with shifting priorities and client needs
- Project management and analytical skills
- Experience in managing the commercial aspects of an engagement, including budgeting
- Client relationship-building and management skill
- Creating a positive working environment by monitoring and managing workloads of the team - balancing client expectations with the work-life quality of team members
- Keeping leadership and engagement management informed of progress and issues
Desirable skills & experience required:
- Experience and recognised status in the local market is desirable, but not essential.
- MBA desirable, but not essential
- CISM, CISSP designation desirable, but not essential
- Certified Internal Auditor designation desirable, but not essential
- Potential for long-extended periods of travel
The attributes we look for in our people
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional', and are made up of five core attributes; Whole Leadership, Technical Capabilities, Business Acumen, Global Acumen and Relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.