Principal Internal Auditor - IT and Change
2 days left
Internal Audit have specific responsibilities to provide assurance that IT and Change activities are appropriately undertaken within the business.
Leading Financial Services business in the West Midlands.
- Lead IT and Change audits relating to Cyber, Operational Resilience, Cloud, Priority Projects, and other relevant areas across the Bank to ensure the Group adheres to security policies, frameworks, and relevant regulations.
- Carry out IT and Change audit and work across all business areas as well as relevant critical suppliers to assess information security risk exposure.
- Assist the Audit Manager in identifying and prioritising significant risk areas in the Group's first line business activities, and second line risk management and regulatory framework as part of the preparation for the audit plan coverage.
- Assist the Audit Manager with audit allocation process, managing the team workloads and appropriate resource
- Responsible for delivery of own audits within agreed timescales
- Provide mentoring to team colleagues, sharing knowledge and offering guidance, direction, and assistance as required
- Arrange and attend meetings with auditees ahead of reviews to discuss/agree the internal audit approach and scope
- Review working practices/procedures with relevant staff/management
- Identify current / potential risks and assess controls against those risks for each audit area
- Originate / develop and carry out audit tests, discuss audit findings with local and senior management; complete peer review of audit files as directed by Audit Manager
- Issue and discuss audit findings with Audit Manager & IA Director before discussion with senior management to agree factual accuracy and recommendations/actions
- Produce high quality internal audit reports for review by the Audit Manager
- Follow up to evidence that actions agreed in Internal Audit reports have been implemented, or to assess progress made towards achieving the action agreed to date
- As requested by Internal Audit Director/Audit Manager, attend working groups, committees, meetings as appropriate and advise on control aspects of developing systems / new business areas / acquisitions
- Undertake any investigation work or ad hoc projects as directed by the Internal Audit Director/Audit Manager
- Carry out due diligence work for acquisitions/servicing contracts as requested by the Internal Audit Director/Audit Manager
- Represent the business at external functions as agreed with the Internal Audit Director/ Audit Manager
- As directed by Audit Manager, attend meetings with external auditors and other internal assurance providers to discuss/agree the internal audit approach and co-ordinate reviews
- Internal Audit experience is desirable but not essential.
- IT qualifications including PRINCE2, ISACA are desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate doesn't need to be an accountant. Our client will consider IT Auditors, project candidates from an FS background. Will also consider an external auditors working within an FS team within Big 4 firm. 2nd line - change, projects experience.
Up to £65,000 plus benefits and flexible hybrid working.