Information Governance Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an expert in information governance to act as the GLA’s Data Protection Officer and lead the team which supports the GLA’s compliance with information rights legislation and management of its information and records.
The Information Governance team supports the longstanding Mayoral commitment to promote openness and transparency of our actions and decisions. The team are responsible for ensuring the GLA:
- Promptly complies with information access requests made under the Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations, and responding to Subject Access Requests made under Article 15 of the UK GDPR
- Protects personal data in line with the obligations set out under the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018; and
- Effectively manages and exploits the information that it creates to support the Authority’s corporate memory and policy making decisions.
The successful applicant must have:
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of information governance law, including up-to-date knowledge of current information, records and knowledge management and information governance issues affecting the public sector and proven experience providing advice at a senior level.
- Experience of acting as the Data Protection Officer in a high profile organisation
- At least one relevant professional qualification e.g. the Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/Europe) certifications and/or British Computer Society Certificate in Data Protection at Practitioner level (which must cover GDPR) or equivalent.
- Experience of leading a team to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be committed to working towards being a highly inclusive workplace.
This role will be based at London Fire Brigade’s Head Office (Union Street SE1 0LL). GLA staff are hybrid working up to 3 days a week in our offices and remotely depending on their role. As part of this, you will need to split your time between home working and coming into the office.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan and a career average pension scheme.
To apply, please click the 'Apply' button to visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday 12 June 2022 at 23:59 GMT.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority ethnic candidates and disabled candidates who are currently underrepresented in our workforce.
More searches like this
- Data Protection Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Assurance Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Security Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Compliance Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom