Data Privacy Manager
A global blue-chip organisation in East London requires a Data Privacy Manager to work closely with the DPO across two renowned business sectors combining both Manufacturing and Financial Services.
The Data Privacy Manager provides balanced commercially focused advice on all aspects of EU/UK data privacy law and practice. Responsible for the management and compliance with the organisation's global privacy, data protection, and GDPR program. Working collaboratively with IT, information security, human resources, marketing, and other business units you will ensure the incorporation of a "privacy by design" approach into data processing procedures.
The organisation operates a flexible hybrid working model (3 days of homeworking) and an exceptional salary and benefits package.
- Develop, maintain and deliver operational data compliance through a robust control framework. Updating any new legislative changes and supporting the investigation of data breaches.
- Develop the policies and standard operating procedures that support global privacy and data protection program objectives.
- Manage data protection impact assessments across the business.
- Maintain data processing activities of the company and ensure data processing agreements adhere to data protection laws including data transfers and standard contractual clauses (SCCs).
- Support the business units to embed relevant policies and processes relating to data protection.
- Support the measurement and auditing of the effectiveness of the privacy program as regards third-party vendors, outsourcing partners, and joint ventures.
Skills & experience
- Proven data privacy experience from an operational or legal background.
- Experience in delivering a wide-ranging privacy program within a multinational business advancing corporate privacy programs.
- Experience in data protection including data processing, data collection, data subjects' rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and data breach handling
- Proven ability to manage and complete projects across multiple business units and commitment to work collaboratively with numerous stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation.
The successful candidate will need the ability to multi-task and take a pragmatic, risk-based approach to data protection compliance and a detailed approach to data privacy in a fast-paced commercial environment.
If you are looking for a Data Privacy Manager role with a global blue-chip company offering a clear career pathway of rapid career progression, please apply with your full CV details for immediate review.