IT Service Analyst
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Are you looking for a career in IT support?
We have a position available as an IT analyst in our Chief Digital Information Office (CDIO).
Don't worry if you see something in this description that you don't fully understand, you don't have to be the finished article for this role. There are several experienced members of this team that will be help you to learn and grow as you join the organisation.
What does the role involve?
As an IT Analyst you will work as part of the Incident and Problem Management Team to improve incident management as well as improving the process to suit the business.
You will analyse data to inform these decisions and to assess areas of services or process that require intervention, escalating to Incident and Problem Analysts where required.
You will be working closely with Service Management in Business Tax, Personal Tax, Benefits and Credits, and Debt Management, as well as
multiple IT suppliers, the business, other government departments and colleagues across CDIO.
There will also be a requirement to cover up to 5pm from team members on some occasions to support live services and stakeholder engagement, but this is rotated consistently.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not restricted to the following;
- Improving service performance and customer experience through progression of and driving down volumes of incidents
- Making recommendations for action based on analysis to support Service Management with the reduction of average duration of incidents as well as identifying opportunities to optimise current processes and present insight on where processes are poor and inefficient.
- Supporting Major Incident / Incident escalation for the services in portfolio and any subsequent improvement activities
- Govern adherence to process and suppliers against commercial targets on performance of Incident and Problem management in a distributed, multi-supplier environment
- Building and Maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships
- Supporting CSG/stakeholders in the visibility/planning and approval of IT Change Management.
The following skills are essential :
- Be organised, flexible, resilient and adaptable with the ability to deliver at pace using your initiative to manage workload and balance competing priorities within a high-pressure environment
- Be an excellent communicator, both in person and in writing, with the ability to build positive relationships and collaborate across teams to deliver outcomes
- Be able to collaborate across teams and departmental boundaries
- Experience working with internal stakeholders
- Proven experience in an IT environment - MS Applications such as SharePoint, Excel or relevant transferable skills
- Good analytical capabilities
Desirable skills (not essential)
- ITIL V0.4 Foundation
- Good understanding of Service Management and Live services Management
- Experience working with external stakeholders
- Some line of business or IT knowledge covering any of Personal Tax services, Business Tax services, Debt Management services or Benefits and Credit services
- Experience identifying ways to improve working practices and processes
- Good Working knowledge of O365 and experience working with documents in SharePoint and communicating through Teams.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 18th July 2022
More searches like this
- Incident Responder Public Sector, Government & Military £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Security Public Sector, Government & Military £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Security Analyst Public Sector, Government & Military £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Systems Analyst Public Sector, Government & Military £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom