The European Cybersecurity Industrial, Technology and Research Competence Centre (ECCC) is recruiting its new Executive Director.
The European Cybersecurity Competence Centre, Bucharest, Romania.
The European Cybersecurity Competence Centre (ECCC), together with the Network of National Coordination Centres (NCCs), is Europe’s new framework to support innovation and industrial policy in cybersecurity. This ecosystem will strengthen the capacities of the cybersecurity technology Community, shield our economy and society from cyberattacks, maintain research excellence and reinforce the competitiveness of EU industry in this field.
The ECCC, which will be located in Bucharest, will develop and implement, with Member States, industry and the cybersecurity technology Community, a common agenda for technology development and for its wide deployment in areas of public interest and in businesses, in particular SMEs.
The Centre and the Network together will enhance our technological sovereignty through joint investment in strategic cybersecurity projects.
We offer a senior manager position at the European Cybersecurity Competence Centre (ECCC). The Center aims to increase Europe’s cybersecurity capacities and competitiveness, working together with a Network of National Coordination Centres (NCCs) to build a strong cybersecurity Community. The Executive Director will lead a multidisciplinary team of professionals called to support a key priority area for the future of the EU. He / Her will be responsible for operations and for the day-to-day management of the Centre and shall be its legal representative. Furthemore He/ Her will be accountable to the Governing Board of the Centre and perform the duties with complete independence within powers assigned to him/Her.
The candidates should have:
- Proven track of management skills, successfully setting up and managing teams, programs and projects in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
- A good understanding of key cybersecurity issues, such as strategic, regulatory, policy, operational, technical, research, innovation and industrial matters, at national, European and international level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven ability and experience to communicate effectively and efficiently, orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, organisational and negotiation skills as well as the ability to build trusted working relationships with stakeholders relevant to the Centre.
The European Commission handles the applications for this position.
The European Commission and ECCC apply a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination.
The closing date for registration is 6 September 2022, 12.00 noon Brussels time, following which registration is no longer possible. The place of employment is Bucharest, Romania. The Director is expected to regularly travel to Brussels, Belgium.
For more information and to send your application, please click the 'Apply' button.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Technology, IT & Telecoms €150,000 or more jobs in Europe
- Cyber Security Consultant Technology, IT & Telecoms €150,000 or more jobs in Europe
- Chief Information Security Officer Technology, IT & Telecoms €150,000 or more jobs in Europe
- Other Technology, IT & Telecoms €150,000 or more jobs in Europe