M365 Security Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) are the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. We're on a mission to achieve sustainable growth and further modernisation to become the bank of the future backed with a £3bn investment plan.
As the Chief Security Office evolves into an Enabling Platform to support the Group, we're looking for an M365 Security Engineer to join the newly established M365 Security Feature team.
Our main focus is to ensure the security of the M365 Platform that supports colleagues across our Group. This includes securing Windows 10 clients and M365 cloud productivity and collaboration tools like SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Teams and Identity.
The role supports the ambitions of the Modern Workplace and broader security teams to enable the latest colleague technology features whilst ensuring the right controls and security practices are embedded within the Microsoft 365 ecosystem.
This is a genuine opportunity to be part of securely transforming our ways of working here!
What you'd be involved with:
As one of our Microsoft 365 Security Engineers you'll provide both security guidance and hands on security expertise. You'll be designing, building, and implementing workplace technology solutions based on business requirements to support our modern workplace for colleagues and partners.
We're not looking for the finished article...Full training would be provided in any missing areas but there are just a couple of bits we do need...
What do we need from you:
- Experience of using Microsoft 365 Defender portals such as Microsoft Defender for: Office365, Endpoint, Identity, Cloud Apps and Microsoft 365 Compliance Centre.
- We'll also need you to be willing to work on a team rota basis (occasional out of hours and well paid on call) currently on a 1-in-5 basis
What else would be great to see (desirable not essential):
- Awareness of Security concepts like Defence in Depth, Data Loss Prevention, common threats and Zero-Trust.
- An understanding of Cloud concepts such as Cloud types and Cloud service models.
- Experience securing physical and virtual Windows clients (Windows 10, Windows 11) and a general understanding of the Microsoft Managed Desktop.
- Awareness of a broad set Microsoft 365 technologies such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Windows 10.
- An enthusiastic and positive mentality, with strong customer management skills and an ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Wider useful skills you could have:
- Experience with ticketing systems such as JIRA or ServiceNow.
- Understanding of agile and DevOps principles and practices.
- Experience of PowerShell Scripting.
- Experience of Windows Firewall, Defender Antivirus, Azure Information Protection, Bitlocker and Windows defender application control (WDAC).
- Incident response with strong problem solving skills.
- Microsoft Certifications such as MS-900-Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals, AZ-900-Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, MS-500-Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, AZ-500- Microsoft Azure Security Technologies.
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on genuine career development.
As a leading employer we're passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. And, being disability positive, reasonable adjustments can be accommodated in our Recruitment process.
We're committed to building building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
- A competitive salary (advertised here for London, regional salaries slightly lower)
- A performance-related bonus
- Generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- 28 Days leave plus bank holidays
- Private health cover which you can extend to family
- Share schemes and many more corporate benefits and perks
So if you possess the skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
More searches like this
- Cloud Security Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Security Engineer Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Software Engineer Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Systems Engineer Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)