Lead IT Security Engineer
CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full–time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
The Lead Security Engineer requires both hands–on experience and the ability to lead a team effort. Lead Information Security Engineers may be called on to help manage a team effort together with E&IT teams and non–IT business units. The duties require the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion, ability to work with limited, if any, supervision regarding technical issues and the ability to coordinate technical efforts of a team to meet security project goals.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide a leadership role across Information Security and may supervise or lead the activities of others while building relationships and team morale.
- Lead and design enterprise security programs, such as Network Security Monitoring, Incident Response Case Management, red–team exercises, and establish and maintain security frameworks, audit (or oversee 3rd party audits) of organizational structures.
- Establishing testing protocols to identify and document potential security vulnerabilities of IT systems.
- Solving complex problems involving enterprise security risks without supervision.
- Assume the role of a key communications gateway to SaNE while collaborating on security aspects of joint projects with E&IT teams.
- Designing, deploying, and administering enterprise email authentication and encryption solutions – such as PGP or S/MIME certificates.
- Oversee or lead and help manage joint efforts by E&IT engineers to meet security project goals.
- Managing internal and external, in–house or 3rd party, penetration testing of corporate systems.
- Collect, analyze, and archive electronic and written records, digital media, notes, and other evidence.
- Document the analysis of results and assist in providing security advisories for all users.
- Developing and authoring information security policies and defining procedures to implement industry best practices.
- Lead projects to identify security issues proactively through analysis of network traffic, software and hardware testing, log review and consultation with users.
- Conduct or oversee forensic examinations of digital records, logs and other data.
- Guidance and oversight of various corporate security systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Subject Matter Expertise in all of the following areas:
- Identity Management, Authentication and Authorization, User Behavior Analytics
- Data Security, OS Security Hardening (Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS)
- Knowledge (or the capacity to quickly gain knowledge) of encryption theory and practice (e.g. TLS, HMAC, RSA, AES, PKI)
- Network Security Monitoring, Log Management (SEIM), IDS/IPS, Packet Capture Dissection
- Web Application Security
- Vulnerability Detection and Management
- Threat Modeling and Security Controls
- Data Security/Privacy Practices
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Study in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field desired.
- Minimum three (3) years of general IT experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Information Security experience.
About CGS Business Solutions:
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After five consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.
More searches like this
- IT Security Technology, IT & Telecoms Up to £20,000 jobs in United States
- Security Engineer Technology, IT & Telecoms Up to £20,000 jobs in United States
- Software Engineer Technology, IT & Telecoms Up to £20,000 jobs in United States
- Systems Engineer Technology, IT & Telecoms Up to £20,000 jobs in United States