Cyber Security Engineer - Hashicorp Vault
1 day left
- 0-25% Travel
Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) are the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. We're on a mission to achieve sustainable growth and further modernisation to become the best bank for customers backed with a £3bn investment plan.
Become one of our Cyber Development Engineers
Are you curious about Cyber, cryptography and the roles they play in protecting millions of peoples' money and data, every single day?
If you're forward thinking, love learning and enjoy solving problems we're interested.
If you can collaborate as part of a team and innovate to redefine security that meets modern customers' needs then you and this Cyber Development Engineer role could be a perfect match!
We're a passionate and dedicated team who thrive in taking on tough and significant problems.
We're delivering cryptography & secrets management solutions with Hashicorp Vault that are providing our team numerous opportunities to expand our own personal and professional horizons.
Together we'll make it possible...
Here's what you'll focus on:
Leading and supporting the HashiCorp Vault service, roadmap development and infrastructure. You'd engineer solutions to improve the service by delivering additional features such as new secret engines, responding to production incidents and planning changes including upgrades and enhancements.
It's an excellent opportunity to be given opportunities to build your knowledge and experience on HashiCorp Vault and the cloud platforms within the bank as a user, developer and product owner.
And in a bit more detail:
- Reproducing and debugging customer issues by building or using existing test environments and tools and reporting on trends
- Communicating tactfully with customers; assemble and present information, providing diagnostic and resolution steps and conveying process and product guidance
- Providing technical support for incidents, problems and changes
- Continuously increase knowledge and help train the team on 3rd party technologies that integrate with Vault
- New Vault proof of concepts and testing
- Document and record all activity with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Contribute to product documentation, knowledge base, and bank standards
- Support out of hours services through the On-Call rota (one in three)
- Understanding of Vault/Vault Enterprise and the interaction with other products within the Hashicorp Product Suite
What we're looking for:
We want people with the potential, passion and an aim to embark on their journey within Cyber. You'll have an awareness of secrets management and love using data and tech to find innovative ways to deliver safe and secure solutions for our customers.
- Current hands-on experience of Kubernetes (ideally running Kubernetes for production workloads).
- A successful track record in Infrastructure as code including management and testing infrastructure deployments
- Expertise in Python / Golang / Shell scripting
- Solid ability to fix complex technical issues, often juggling priorities which have tight schedules
- Experience with deployment and administration of containerised services
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Experience of applying security practices within a software development lifecycle
- Proficiency using HashiCorp tools Terraform & Vault
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft or Google cloud technologies. Preferably with a relevant recognised certification or industry experience.
- Experience working with config management tools such as Helm, Ansible, Puppet
About working for LBG:
Offering flexible and hybrid working patterns and location flexibility we ensure that a healthy work life balance is equally important to the Cyber products we deliver, just let us know what might work for you...
As a leading employer we're passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. And, being disability positive, reasonable adjustments can be accommodated in our Recruitment process.
We're simply committed to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Competitive salary with discretionary annual bonus
- A Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits (or take as cash)
- Private Medical Insurance and a generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- Share plans, including free shares
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
So if you have the skills and you're up for a huge challenge then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Incident Responder Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Security Engineer Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Systems Engineer Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom