Location: Flexible for hybrid working, minimum of 2 days office based 37 hours per week
It’s an exciting time to join us!
Big ambitions. Big investment. Big changes. We’ve a lot to offer IT, analytics and project management professionals. We’ve already grown tenfold in the past couple of years. Now we’re beginning a £106 million transformation programme – and we can’t wait for what comes next, as part of an evolution so huge it’ll change the way we do things forever. There’s a buzz across our business. And IT, analytics and projects are at the heart of it all.
There aren’t many teams who can say their work is critical to the nation. But it’s something we take huge pride in. And it’s why we’re migrating to leading technology, upgrading networks, replacing vital infrastructure… and more. Helping us shape an IT, analytics and project function that’s fit for the future, you’ll need an appetite for change and bags of ideas. Our people walk the talk too – driven by a passion to improve our communities and environment.
Overview of your role:
During this exciting time, we are looking for a Project Analyst to join us and help support a multitude of projects across the business. You will also have opportunities to take on and manage projects yourself. In this varied position you will be working on 3-4 projects at any one time in a busy, structured Project Management office. This role is fundamental to delivering key functions of organisation in a large programme change. Your contributions will help shape and improve service for customers as well as driving internal efficiency for Southern Water.
Your responsibilities will include:
The Project Analyst is expected to assist Project Managers in delivering a solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms & conditions for the project according to the project charter, agreement, or contract.
- Assisting in performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables. Which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control and risk management.
- Assist PM’s by facilitating meetings and generating deliverables.
- Assist in communicating a clear vision of the division project objectives and motivating the team members.
Do you consider yourself as highly organised and can work on a multitude of tasks? Are you looking to enhance your experience and learn in the Utilities sector?
We are looking for someone who is has experience as a Project Analyst or Project Manager for minimum 3 years, and is ready to join a structured Enterprise IT Team. You will need to be familiar with Project Management methodologies and understand the Project Delivery lifecycle.
Negotiating and collaborating with Vendors and Business sponsors are some of the exciting tasks you will be involved in day to day.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PMP or Prince Certified
- Ideally Association for Project Management (APM), Project Management Institute (PMI) or Chartered Management Institute (CMI) certified
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Average 3-5 years prior experience
- MS Project or other Planning tools
- Budget mgmt.
- Resource planning and forecasting
- Exceptional Organisational skills
- Well versed in all aspects of 365 and Sharepoint
- Management or support of projects through a full Delivery lifecycle
- Managing small, low complexity IT / Systems Integration projects
- Experience in planning tools.
Your benefits will include:
- Company and performance-related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary
- Health benefits through a Cash Plan
- Free onsite carpark
- Canteen onsite
- Two paid community volunteering days a year
- 25 days annual holiday
- Occupational health service
- Perkbox benefits offering discounts and savings on several products and experiences
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? Whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not engage with us and find out more about this role?
If you like the sound of the role and would love to hear more, please apply now via the 'apply' button.
We look forward to hearing from you!
More searches like this
- Information Assurance Scientific & Research £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Systems Analyst Scientific & Research £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Systems Engineer Scientific & Research £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Scientific & Research £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom