IT Automation & Integration Lead
Location: Durrington, West Sussex - Flexible for hybrid working, minimum of 2 days office based.
It’s an exciting time to join us!
Big ambitions. Big investment. Big changes. We’ve a lot to offer IT, analytics and project management professionals. We’ve already grown tenfold in the past couple of years. Now we’re beginning a £106 million transformation programme – and we can’t wait for what comes next, as part of an evolution so huge it’ll change the way we do things forever. There’s a buzz across our business. And IT, analytics and projects are at the heart of it all.
There aren’t many teams who can say their work is critical to the nation. But it’s something we take huge pride in. And it’s why we’re migrating to leading technology, upgrading networks, replacing vital infrastructure… and more. Helping us shape an IT, analytics and project function that’s fit for the future, you’ll need an appetite for change and bags of ideas. Our people walk the talk too – driven by a passion to improve our communities and environment.
Overview of your role:
As our IT Automation + Integration Lead you will be playing a vital part in the implementation of our brand new software designed data centres. Managing the 2 new data centres you will be fully accountable for the operational standards and for the process of how we roll out and manage the centres. From time to time you will get to be hands on and also have the opportunity to support our Architectural team. Your role will be to understand how we can build a centre of excellence and the delivery, transformation and migration of new and legacy service.
This is a new era for us here and this is your chance to be in from the very start of the journey, starting the new services up, being accountable for the capacity management and really understanding it. You will have the scope to see and implement change, all whilst leading a team ensuring that we deliver the right quality and driving a continuous service improvement culture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the quality, availability, and resilience of Southern Water’s Data Centres, working with colleagues across the wider IT & Data Department to deliver a 24 x 7 support service to Southern Water colleagues with agreed maintenance windows
- Accountable for ensuring the correct monitoring, architecture, standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to, by the Team, and system processes and methodologies are maintained
- Responsible for delivering a culture of Continuous Improvement within the teams managed by this role to ensure quality of services improves aligned with business need
- Responsible for embedding a culture of performance management through a defined set of metrics that drives through service improvement
- Responsible for the definition and implementation of process improvements to drive synergies and identify opportunities for consolidation, automation, and integration, through best practise and effective use of new and innovative technologies
You will be someone who knows what good looks like, with experience of leading or managing a centre of excellence. A Self starter, a natural problem solver with a solutions focussed mindset. You will be capable to look at processes, see where the change is needed and have the ability to implement those changes and deliver. You will be able to set the day to day task for the team whilst driving the overall operations. Experience and a solid understanding of the ITIL framework is a must to be successful in this role.
Your benefits will include:
- Company and performance-related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary
- Health benefits through a Cash Plan
- Free onsite carpark
- Canteen onsite
- Two paid community volunteering days a year
- 25 days annual holiday
- Occupational health service
- Perkbox benefits offering discounts and savings on several products and experiences
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? Whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not engage with us and find out more about this role?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, because delivering water for life is our core purpose. To achieve this, we need 24/7 support in place to resolve incidents quickly and efficiently. All our employees understand the importance of out-of-hours incident support – because when problems appear, fixing them is our top priority. That’s why our people join together and support when and however needed to make sure our customers get the service they deserve. Joining the Southern Water family means you’ll become part of our incident support team. During your interview, your manager will speak to you about any incident support rotas that apply to your position.
Please note that internally this role will be known as 9145BR Automation & Integration Operations Manager at Southern Water
Please note: If you are an existing Southern Water employee, you will need to confirm within your application that your Manager is aware of your application.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI) and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered
More searches like this
- IT Compliance Scientific & Research £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Systems Analyst Scientific & Research £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Systems Engineer Scientific & Research £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Scientific & Research £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom