At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us, and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
The Internal Services Accessibility Review Project (ISAR)is part of Chief Digital and Information Officer Group (CDIO) and sits in Mobility and workplace Service (MWPS).
CDIO are committed to ensuring our Internal IT Services are accessible to all. As an Assistive technology Test Analyst, you will have the opportunity to support our ambition for HMRC to be the exemplar for Accessibility and Assistive Technology across all Government Departments.
During the lifetime of the Project, we will focus on analysis of HMRC's Internal Service against Accessibility Standards through stringent Accessibility Testing. We will provide robust data/information and strong business cases to allow effective prioritising of remediation where appropriate.
You will be part of a team of Assistive technology Test Analysts, testing internal HMRC services and applications against WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) standard. This supports HMRCs dedication to ensure positive employee experience and maximum contribution for all our colleagues, and our obligation for accessibility compliance.
The team is an integral part of the project and you will join a team striving to become a highly skilled team. This role provides an excellent opportunity for somebody to utilise their existing IT skills and knowledge to work in an ever-evolving team with a clear learning path. Within this role you will be support by excellent training and support with a clear learning path to ensure you succeed.
Who are we looking for, you will:
- Have a sound understanding and confidence in a diverse range of IT applications and software.
- Have demonstrable evidence of a commitment to learning and development who has a desire to grow in the specialism of Assistive Technology User experience.
- Provide a great customer experience, including engaging with customers with diverse needs.
- Identify and collaborate with key stakeholders both internal and external to HMRC to define test approach and delivery plans. Following review clearly articulate issues identified.
- Work effectively as part of a developing team striving for service excellence.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with our Diverse Disability Network Groups.
- Develop your skills (supported by excellent learning) in manual testing techniques as well as technical tools to evaluate products with a proven ability to follow set processes.
- Produce clear, concise, and robust reports always following agreed standards set by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
- Awareness of Public Sector Bodies Accessibility Regulations 2018.
- Awareness of the Equality Act 2010.
- Awareness of in-built Ease of Access tools or other third-party Assistive Technology tools.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 22nd August 2022
More searches like this
- IT Compliance Public Sector, Government & Military £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Greater Manchester
- IT Security Public Sector, Government & Military £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Greater Manchester
- Security Analyst Public Sector, Government & Military £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Greater Manchester
- Systems Analyst Public Sector, Government & Military £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Greater Manchester