Senior Cyber Engineer
We're building the Bank of the Future and developing the next generation of Digital Banking solutions securely.
If you are motivated, keen to develop advanced cyber skills and enjoy building relationships then you could thrive in our Service Operations team and we'd like to hear from you!
What you'll be doing in this Team...
You'll be joining a fast-paced team who are leading the way in the IT Cyber Security industry. LBG are investing significantly in this field so if cyber is your thing then you'll love the fact that we're constantly innovating our security technologies and tools to protect LBG against threats.
In this role you'll use data analytics solutions to drive innovation and enable the cyber threat management strategy. You'll also develop and implement threat monitoring use cases, derived from appropriate threat intelligence sources and advanced data modelling techniques
Other responsibilities include:
- Produce and document appropriate detection, containment and response strategies in accordance to business requirements
- Produce clear and consistent technical documentation using standard templates.
- Assess efficiency and effectiveness of threat monitoring rules by adapting to the changing threat landscape and technologies
- Assess and resolve issues in relation to functionality, integration and automation of in-scope toolsets
- Provide technical guidance to peers and junior staff members.
- Provide advice and guidance around IT Cyber Security industry related best practice to Governance teams
What we're looking for...
Are you someone who already has a strong understanding of Cyber Security industry related best practice and looking to take your career and skills in Security Operations to the next level? If yes, we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in any SIEM/SOAR toolset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of security and operational requirements of commonly used operating systems
- Understanding of cloud designs and security deployment models
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, VBA etc)
- Diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from multiple sources.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of other technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS).
- Ability to interpret hypotheses to deliver and deploy the resultant detective controls.
- Demonstrable systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience with DevOps/BizOps pipelines, CI/CD - Ansible, Chef, Docker, Terraform, Python automation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex messages to stakeholders at all levels.
There may be some out of hours working to manage change and provide technical support for in-scope toolsets. In return, you'll learn new skills, technologies, and approaches to cyber development.
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve a rewarding and fulﬁlling career!
You'll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We're committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
So, if joining us at a critical and exciting time for our Cloud transformation appeals and this role sounds like it could be for you, click apply below!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More searches like this
- Cloud Security Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cyber Security Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Security Engineer Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Threat Management Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom