IT Assurance Manager
Your new role
Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast paced changing organisation? Are you looking for a UK national based role with no international travel? Looking to develop your managerial skills in industry from consultancy?
As an IT Assurance manager, your job purpose will be to provide a responsive and helpful service to audit clients through sound and professional evaluation of risk management, internal control and governance arrangements. This service will be delivered through an effective programme of assignments, supporting the Head of IT Assurance, and responsible for the planning, supervision and delivery of IT internal audits and other control testing. You will have excellent stakeholder management skills to build effective relationships with senior clients up to and including the Executive Director. You must hold CISA qualifications to be considered for this position.
The IT and Audit teams are predominantly located in Leeds, Birmingham or Guildford; however, we have the flexibility to offer other locations with some home working for the right candidate. This role also has the potential to be offered on a part-time or job share basis and has flexibility to ensure you have a great work-life balance.
What you'll be leading on
- Contribute to the development of the IT audit plan including determining priorities and ensuring enough resources are available to deliver it in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Support the Head of IT Assurance in strategically developing internal audit services through continuous improvement, taking ownership and delivering an effective audit function.
- Accountable for the guidance and day-to-day management of an effective team of auditors on assignment, planning and delivery of the audit programme.
- Accountable for the review of all audit documentation from terms of reference through to the audit report and action management. Delivery will meet appropriate quality and professional standards.
- Attend and present at senior meetings, as required, presenting key audit findings in a professional manner and being a trusted business advisor.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior clients and stakeholders built on professional trust.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate issues or concerns are escalated to the Head of IT Assurance.
- Take ownership of personal development and training. Identify new trends and keep up-to-date to add value to the business.
To be successful
- CISA or equivalent professional qualification
- Significant knowledge and experience of Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) auditing, including processes, applications, infrastructure, security, risk, cloud services and emerging technologies. Exposure to major ERP systems, preferably Oracle.
- Significant knowledge and experience using leading industry frameworks such as COBIT; ITIL; NIST CSF; PCI DSS, and in project management frameworks such as Agile; MSP; and PRINCE2.
- Desirable to have experience in auditing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
- Desirable to have experience in using data analytic tools (such as IDEA, ACL, etc).
- Experience in the development of audit strategies and plans, and strong experience of successfully leading and undertaking audits.
- Significant experience in successfully leading and managing the performance of an assigned team, setting clear objectives and priorities for individuals.
- Experience in writing and managing reports for a variety of stakeholders including the board and executive is essential.
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to join our Finance & Business Services (FBS) team.
Our directorate is responsible for managing the company's £4 billion a year finances, overall governance, assurance and risk management, managing the company's large and dispersed estate, processing damages claims and the operation of the Dart Charge facility. A lot of what we do is like oil in the organisational machinery. We make the business work more smoothly and we help everyone to do their jobs better. Our vision is to work through partnership and collaboration to secure great resource outcomes for the company and amplify what we achieve with it.
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are:
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly - offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires
More searches like this
- Information Assurance Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Security Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Audit Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Security Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom