Group Data Protection Officer
Our client is a Global Offshore Law Firm with offices in the UK, Channel Islands and around the world and have a vacancy for a Group Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The Group DPO will be responsible for championing high standards of data protection and drive forward compliance across the Group. As well as building expertise within the organisation and working on a range of projects and initiatives, the DPO will hold responsibility for developing, coordinating, and managing the Group's data protection programme. The DPO will be a subject matter expert in the field of data protection and have a proactive and pragmatic approach to working.
A flavour (not exhaustive) of some of the responsibilities:
- To take the lead in assessing data protection legislation or other regulatory changes that apply across the Group and make recommendations as necessary to ensure that risks are mitigated as well as ongoing compliance.
- To provide support and assistance to any client related queries, issues and requests concerning data protection.
- To inform and advise the Group in respect of its obligations under the data protection laws and regulations that apply within the jurisdiction in which the company operates.
- To provide specialist advice and recommendations across a range of data protection topics including individual rights requests, data breach management and data sharing.
- To lead on the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments and Legitimate Interest Balancing Exercises.
- To lead on the delivery of a data protection training and awareness programme.
- To create and maintain documentation that provides evidence of legal and regulatory compliance.
- To lead on the development and implementation of data protection policies, processes and procedures, maintaining an appropriate review cycle and ensure joined up working is taking place across teams
- To conduct regular analyses of data and prepare reports relating to data protection compliance.
- Experience with Data Protection of at least 3–5 years.
- International/Group level experience nice to have but a senior DPO role prior is fine.
- Southampton 3 days per week and 2 remote.
- Happy to travel to Channel Islands and potentially beyond on rare occasions
- Ideally hold or be working towards a recognised qualification such as CIPP, CIPM or an equivalent qualification. Other qualifications in relation to risk management, information security or other compliance related qualifications are desirable but not essential
More searches like this
- Data Protection Technology, IT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Southampton
- Information Security Technology, IT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Southampton
- IT Compliance Technology, IT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Southampton
- Security Analyst Technology, IT & Telecoms £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Southampton