IT Security Operations Manager
IT Security Operations Manager – IT, Security Operations, Manager, TLS, DMARC, SPF, D365, M365, VPN, Azure, Cloud Security, DevOps, Infrastructure Manager, Infrastructure, Cyber Security – GBP55,000 – GBP60,000 – Remote – UK Wide
The Security Operations Manager is accountable for managing and maturing the Security Operations Center (SOC) to improve security operations and measurably reduce risk and incident response time. This key role will also lead security technology deployment and coordinate with Managed Security Services Providers (MSSP).
The manager will be supported by at least one analyst with significant, additional support from the GIS team, Global IT (ie Network Ops, Infrastructure, Database, Cloud Apps, Endpoint, DevOps), MSSPs and several Field and additional HQ technologists. This role further builds out and runs the SOC, including hands–on day–to–day operations and service delivery.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an information systems–related field required. Masters preferred.
- 3–5 years of experience in IT system design, implementation, and operations in a global organization
- 1–3 years of experience in security operations including team leadership.
- Validated experience in effectively supporting and managing cyber security operations, incident response and security technology deployment and support.
- Validated expertise engineering and implementation enterprise class technologies such as Firewalls, Proxy Servers, messaging security (ie S/MIME, TLS, DMARC/SPF/DKIM, etc.) M365/Google Workspace, Encryption, Box, VPN, DLP, endpoint management and security; WIFI/Bluetooth, IAM and biometrics, SSO/SAML, message filtering, UEM Azure, Azure AD, ServiceNow, mobile, cloud security, etc. Dynamics 365 and Fastpath is a significant plus.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, mentoring, and building capacity of staff
- Proven capacity to be a self–starter and work remotely with limited reliance on supervision
- Solid project management capabilities for engineering and deployment of IT security products and strong organizational change skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to help identify key relationships and to maintain them.
- Strong oral and written communications skills sufficient for senior–level presentation and technical policy and standards development.
- Language Skills: English required; French and Arabic a plus
- Certificates or Licenses:CISSP, CISSP/ITIL, CISM or others, which support adequate aptitude to design, deploy and boperate IT security solutions; CISSP strongly preferred.
- Day to day management and further maturation of the security operations function including daily monitoring, management and response to security control systems, including SIEM/Sentinel and coordinates with other sysadmins on incidents and other service requests including but not limited to: content search, lost assets, vendor risk assessment, vulnerability management, technical advisory; logs appropriate incidents and service requests and resolves according to priority.
- Serves as custodian for the security of Azure, M365, IEM – Sentinel, Proofpoint, PAM, Qualys and other systems/tools. Leads and guides the DSO.
- Leads incident response, including vendor security issues and manages incidents with up–to–date playbooks. Orchestrates IR activities (ie IoC detection, Legal, platform security, communications, threat hunting, etc.).
- Leads development of an IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan. Monitors patching, threat intelligence, pertinent events; disseminate as needed. Supports IT Audit.
- Working with MSSPs and IT Develop and evolves SOC capabilities for better threat identification, and response automation.
- Provides security engineering leadership and hands–on support to deploy security controls.
- Provides mentorship and technical standards for secure systems architecture, design and operations. Standards include feedback KRIs.
- Leverages the Cyber Security Working Group to author and update global standards and ensures alignment with Field IT.
- Manages standards exceptions and maintains the risk register.
- Leads the hands–on assessment of critical systems and advises Custodians with tools such as Security Compass, secure score, Azure Security Config, and Qualys to assess their environments.
- Acts as a technical focal point for BUs and handles security vendors.
- Builds reports, dashboards, and metrics and presents to Sr. Mgmt.
- Collaborates with team members to develop and maintain the IT security roadmap.
- Plans and completes projects in a timely manner; escalates as necessary.
- Quickly develops and maintains relationships with the organization.
Location: Remote/UK Wide
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country.
Catch Resource Management is a leading provider of Dynamics 365, JD Edwards, NetSuite and other ERP resources to both end users and to product suppliers/authors.
Our consultants deliver a completely professional resourcing service, always backed up by our team of ERP specialists who are all experienced in full project life cycle implementation and support, thus ensuring that we fully understand our clients' requirements and our candidates' skills.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, we would welcome your application, however please note that we receive high levels of responses to our advertisements so can only immediately respond to those that are a close match.