Cloud Security Engineer
Cloud Security Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
Leeds (Remote & Flexible working, must be able to attend local office once per week)
Salary & Benefits: £59,912 - £66,140 (depending on experience) base salary, plus annual personal bonus
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading digital franchise, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands - including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland - as well as the biggest mobile bank in the country. We're building the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our extensive transformation Programme, with an investment of £3bn, redefining what a bank is from the inside out.
Together we make it possible!
Our remit includes delivering new platforms, Security products and services whilst continually improving our existing ones. This Cloud Security Engineer role will involve working in one of our Product Teams (Perimeter + Network Security, Access Gateways + Security Logging, Platform Compliance, Threat Modelling + Control Curation, Security Product Curation) where responsibilities will include Build as well as Run tasks. Examples of tasks will include: product / control design and governance, investigations and assessments, terraform module creation and enhancements for cloud resource delivery and consumption, supporting roadmap planning for upcoming features against consumer use-cases, defect management and incident support, platform maturity and automation...
The role will have end-to-end accountabilities including:
- Supporting Senior and Lead Engineers to deliver team objectives
- Becoming an SME for core processes and tasks within a Product Team: fulfilling run tasks, delivering enhancements to existing capabilities / processes
- Supporting new joiners and enhancing onboarding / upskilling processes
- Contributing to team and platform maturity with recommendations, ideas and improvements
- Self-managing and proactive attitude and approach to tasks assigned
- Balancing the needs of the business and security with a risk-based approach
- Identifying skills gaps and development needs > defining and driving a development plan to become an established Cloud Security Engineer!
The role will require you to be 'hands-on', to collaborate with peers to engineer new or enhance infrastructure level capabilities
What you'd get involved with:
- Understanding then applying Bank Security policies and standards to the Cloud environments
- PoCs of new products / use-cases
- Operational documentation for support and consumption of products
- Onboarding and upskilling paths for Product Team products, tasks and processes
- Identify shortcomings and opportunities: suggesting and implementing improvements
- Contributing to and helping create an inclusive and collaborative environment for engineers to grow, develop and deliver value to platform consumers
What's needed to be considered for this job?
- Hands-on engineering experience using key DevOps tools: Source Control (GitHub), IDE / Interactive Development Environments (IDE), Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Awareness of key DevOps concepts, tools and languages: Terraform, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub, CI/CD, IaC, PaaS
- At least 3 years of technical, hands-on experience - ideally in an engineering capacity
- Self-starter and able to self-manage workload
- Growth / resilient mindset: ability to take on challenges and develop an approach to overcome knowledge gaps / areas requiring upskilling
- Practical / theoretical experience of Cloud
- Able to be work with a Senior or Lead engineer, understand tasks, manage stakeholders with progress updates / support needed as tasks are delivered
- Passionate about technology - wanting to commit to building a skillset to advance a career in Cloud Engineering and Cyber Security
- Awareness of the objectives of the Bank with its cloud vision, appreciation of the scope, pressures and demands of the role + commitment to put in the required effort to upskill to become a skilled and effective engineer in the team!
- Familiarity with what automation is, the benefits it can deliver and some experience fulfilling this in a previous role / personal environment
- Hands on engineering experience working with: Terraform, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub, CI/CD, IaC, PaaS
- Exposure to Public Cloud environments - Azure, GCP or AWS
- Cloud and Security certifications
- Worked within an engineering team
What you get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Various share schemes (including free shares)
So, if you have a desire to work in a challenging role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We're flexible on location across any LBG hub locations. As a team we have all embraced remote working but do require team members to attend local hubs once per week (subject to change as per Group policy). We fully support the new developing workstyles, taking a flexible approach to 'future of work'. We support flexible working, whilst we can't accommodate every requirement, we are happy to consider any request.
We're committed to building a team which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More searches like this
- Cloud Security Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cyber Security Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Security Engineer Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Software Engineer Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom