IT - Internal Auditor
Competitive Salary + Up to 17.5% Annual Bonus & Excellent Benefits
- Gain inhouse experience of IT risk/controls in an award-winning insurance business
- Hybrid working with up to 80% working from home
About the role
We have an opportunity for an IT Internal Auditor to join our Group Internal Audit team on a permanent basis.
You'll be part of a team of audit experts who help the Board and Executive Management at NFU Mutual to protect our assets, our reputation, and the sustainability of the organisation.
We assess if significant risks are being identified across our business and whether these risks are being adequately controlled. We also make recommendation for improvements concerning governance, risk management and internal controls.
You'll gain further experience of conducting IT audits and reviews and producing value-adding reports of your findings (including recommendations for process and controls improvements).
With a focus on analysis and testing, you will have the chance to work with a wide range of divisions across NFU Mutual, building your network, and becoming an expert on IT risks in our business.
Through the support of the team, you will ensure that we have robust IT control environments which highlight inefficiencies, security risks, fraud, or non-compliance with regulations/policies.
This role is based in our Lakehouse office, just outside Stratford-Upon-Avon. However, we understand how important a positive work-life balance is, so to help you give your best, we offer great facilities when you want to be in an office environment and support to work up to 80% of your hours from home.
You use your experience as an IT Auditor to assess IT risks, controls and to manage continuous improvement activities.
You draw upon your exposure to IT risk management to successfully assess IT processes and controls (including General/Application controls, IT Service Management Practices, IT Disaster Recovery, Cloud Governance and Operations, Outsourcing and Third-Party Risk Management)
You're a natural detective who enjoys investigating and looking for ways to improve the business. You are comfortable asking difficult questions and challenging in a diplomatic way.
With a focus on quality, you'll be experienced in building relationships with stakeholders, and adapting your style to suit different audiences.
To join our team, you'll also have:
- Communication skills (excellent written and verbal)
- Experience of using Computer-aided audit tools (CAATs) (desirable)
- Financial services or regulated industry experience (desirable)
Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA) Diploma in Internal Audit Practice or equivalent qualifications which may include:
- ISACA Certification: CISA qualified (Desirable), CISM, CISSP, other relevant technical qualifications)
- ITIL certification
Benefits and Rewards
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary - Competitive
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5% of salary)
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
- A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
- £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership - subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Access to voluntary benefits, including health assessments, private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee Volunteering - volunteer in the community for one day each year
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
- Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies
Working at NFU Mutual
We're one of the UK's leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 110 years we've put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being "a great place to work" and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2022 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.
Closing date: 7th December 2022.