Cyber Security Operations Manager
Cyber Security Operations Manager
Potentially Remote working with up to 2 days per week on site in Portsmouth
Salary GBP53,353.00 – GBP61,823.00
* Generous pension scheme
* 32 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays Christmas shutdown
* Flexible Working Scheme (that is not hybrid working)
* Childcare services and childcare vouchers
* Subsidised gym membership (new facilities at Ravelin Sports Centre)
This role will manage the Cyber Security Operations team who are responsible for carrying out day to day cyber security related duties such as responding to security incidents, reporting threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks on systems. They will also liaise with technical specialists within IS, other departments, and with external partners to agree on appropriate operational Cyber Security measures to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data. The post holder will take the lead and provide a focal point for cyber security and cyber security risk matters in liaison with our Security Operations Centre.
The post holder will also be required to advise and offer guidance on existing security arrangements and be actively involved in the specification, design and implementation of new services.
The post holder must ensure that they keep up to date with developments in best practice, standards, and technologies within the sector and beyond.
1. Support the Head of Cyber Security in developing and maintaining Cyber Security Strategy, ensuring that it delivers against strategic aims.
2. Be responsible for the development and management of a robust cyber security operational plan
3. Responsible for the management and successful implementation of Cyber Security Improvement Programme, technical work packages.
4. Support the Head of Cyber Security in the development of the Cyber Security Incident Response Plan and implementation and management the plan.
5. Manage the operational activities in any Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CIRT) and support the incident response and recovery activities.
6. Support and advise your team and senior management with up–to–date knowledge of technology trends and developments, specifically those related to cyber security, their application, and the countermeasures to protect against them.
7. Support the development and promotion of a cyber security culture across the institution, raising awareness and increasing the understanding of security through the application of policy and practice. Ensuring that this is articulated in a way that is understandable to a non–technical audience.
8. Line manage, support, challenge and develop the Cyber Security Operations team members.
9. Define and deliver clear and actionable reporting, metrics and dashboards regarding security operations.
10. Follow the IT Governance, Risk and Compliance Framework
11. Manage the activities and relationship of our externally provided Security Operations Centre. Act as a point of escalation for prioritisation and escalation of incidents.
12. Lead on the engagement with auditors or other security–related third parties to address Cyber Security issues eg Janet CSIRT.
13. Be responsible for threat tracking and assessment, and lead on recommending mitigations, remediation or acceptance of cyber security vulnerabilities based on internal and external capabilities, assessments and penetration tests.
14. Attend and actively participate in the IS Security Monthly Review, feed into the risk log and monthly security report.
15. Build and maintain a strong working relationship with vendors and partners.
16. Be responsible for ensuring that stakeholders understand and establish acceptable levels of risk, and recommend activities that will proactively reduce the potential for incidents.
17. To manage budgets associated with cyber security operations and ensure ongoing costs are captured in recurrent budgets. Provide project and operational budget reports as required.
18. Support and advise on cyber security requirements for the development and delivery of new IT services.
19. Ability to be on call in times of security risk emergencies (Which will be compensated for)
Must Haves: –
* Management Experience
* Able to respond to Alerts and Incidents
* Able to assist with implementation of SOC
* Experience of SOC integration
* Experience of Microsoft Sentinel
* Able to Run Queries using Microsoft Sentinel
* Experience of running a Cyber Security Team
* Experience of Mentoring people
* Experience with External Managed Services
* Experience reporting to Stakeholder management and taking relevant meetings
Certes Computing (and all of its subsidiary companies) is committed to promoting equality and diversity in its business operations.