IT Audit Manager
- Blick Rothenberg
- London / Flexible
- Competitive + benefits
- 14 Mar 2023
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Information Assurance, Information Security, IT Audit, IT Security
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Blick Rothenberg are a leading audit, accountancy, tax and business advisory firm founded on personal integrity and technical expertise. Our teams work seamlessly to provide advice throughout the life cycle of our clients. Our partner-led approach ensures that our clients receive an excellent service from a team of high-quality people who combine technical expertise with personal integrity. Our ethos is reflected in the way that we work with our clients, taking the time to understand their business and invest in the relationship to ensure that we can provide the best advice possible. We want success for our people, our clients and for our business. In order to help preserve this winning formula, to bring it to life with our new joiners and to explain it to our clients, we have articulated our approach through the values of Collaboration, Authenticity Respect and being Dynamic. You can read more about our values here.
We offer a nurturing and collaborative working culture that is caring and protecting of our people, within an environment where they can learn and flourish. In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we offer a range of flexible benefits and flexible hours of work. We have clearly defined career pathways which empower you to manage your own development. We have a number of colleague-led collaborative working groups which help shape our strategy.
Due to continued growth over the past couple of years, our Audit, Assurance and Advisory department is now looking to expand further by bringing on an experienced IT Audit Manager. This opportunity will assist in ensuring the delivery of consistent high-quality audits. The role is focussed on providing IT audit input to audit engagement teams and the wider development of the firm's IT advisory offering. Our client base is mostly SME but includes wide mix across all sectors and includes UK and international groups, financial services (private equity, fintech), charity and not-for-profit, academies, solicitors, property and construction, luxury retail, manufacturing, and hospitality. A large proportion of our work is audit of inward investment businesses with a significant component of group auditor liaison. The firm does not audit Public Interest Entities.
Role Description The ideal candidate will:
- Plan, coordinate and execute IT audit activities for the Audit, Assurance and Advisory department
- Develop proprietary IT audit methodology in line with the requirements of ISA 315 (UK) and an IT auditing programme to offer comprehensive IT audit coverage that is scalable to the size and complexity of the entity being audited
- Assist the Technical Partner and other partners with the identification of technology-based audit tools that aide audit quality, deliver audit efficiencies and provide insights to clients Engagement level objectives
- Provide engagement support in an audit assist capacity being a member of the audit engagement team for selected audits
- Determine the IT audit scope and objective and accordingly prepare an IT audit work plan
- Analyse IT risks associated with IT processes and assess the effectiveness of the internal control systems
- Communicate with IT staff and management to obtain the required inputs for audits
- Prepare reports of audit findings and conclusions for the audit engagement team and for management where necessary
- Evaluate the impact of IT environment deficiencies on the audit approach, prepare management letters
- Assist with the completion of audit working papers that document the entity's IT environment, information processing systems and IT general and application controls
- Train and supervise audit staff assigned to the engagements in IT audit skills where relevant
Skills & experience
Key responsibilities & skills
- excellent communication skills with people at different levels of seniority
- ability to build relationships with senior audit engagement team personnel
- strong written and oral communication skills including report drafting and presenting findings
The ideal candidate should:
- have significant experience in the IT related elements of financial statement audits of different types of entities
- significant experience in the scoping, development and use of IT data analytic tools
- strong technical auditing skills and a demonstrable interest in audit quality
- a professional qualification in either accountancy or IT audit (ACA, ACCA, or Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors)
A note from the Hiring Manager; "This is an opportunity to work with a great group of people and some fantastic clients in a varied and challenging role."
Blick Rothenberg are a part of Azets, an award-winning firm of Accountants and Business Advisors operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. Azets are a family of over 6,500 employees and have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK. This allows Blick Rothenberg to continue to deliver the high quality, partner-led service, but with greater resource that being part of a larger business provides.
What's in it for you?
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it's time to step back and relax.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays - Time to focus on what's important to you.
- Private Medical Insurance - Taking care of your health as one less thing to worry about.
- Permanent Health Insurance - Financial protection in the event of illness or injury
- Flexible hours of work - We're on a mission to give you back your time.
- Life Assurance - 4 x times salary, our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events - Time to stop, pause and have fun.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
More searches like this
- Information Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Security Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Audit Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Security Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom