Technical Accounting Manager/Senior Manager - Authorised Funds
- Grant Thornton UK LLP
- London (30 Finsbury Square) / Hybrid
- £Competitive + Benefits
- 15 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Information Security, IT Audit, IT Security, Technology Risk
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
*This could be either a split role with FS Audit, or a full time technical role*
Our UK audit practice is built of over 2300 people working across 24 locations, led by Fiona Baldwin and supported by 50 audit partners. We're really proud of the strong position our audit practice is in from a wellbeing, resource and quality perspective, the latter of which is shown through our recent positive AQR results.
Our size and culture allow us to give you more opportunities within your career. You will have more responsibility for client outputs, and more variety in the work you take on and the clients you work with. You can develop your career in a way that works for you, and the firm, and we'll support you with development programmes and opportunities along the way.
We're keen to support and hire those who have had career breaks or time away from Audit in industry roles, who would like to return to a busy, flexible auditing role. Our vacancies for qualified accountants are all open to supporting the up-skilling and re-integration of returners to our business.
A look into the role
This unique role will provide technical advice and expertise to the FS assurance practice, by responding to financial reporting queries and performing financial statement 'hot' reviews for authorised funds.
Here are some things you can expect:
- As part of the Financial Reporting technical and FS audit team, you'll perform hot reviews for authorised funds, as well as respond to financial reporting queries. This role liaises closely with the Quality Support Team and you'll be a key contact from an FS perspective.
- Responsibility for financial service methodology including alignment with the firm's methodology and drafting authorised funds auditor report templates.
- Assist audit teams with the understanding of FS specific audit approach and providing pointers on auditing new/difficult areas
- Cold reviews will also be performed for FS Audit proposals.
- Application and interpretation of the COLL and FCA Handbook and the implication on the authorised entities we audit
- Help to maintain FS specific resources and templates (in some cases tailoring/developing specific FS working papers), as well as updating the relevant FS training on related audit concepts.
Knowing you're right for us
- The minimum criteria you'll need are a professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA, ACCA or CIPFA) with post qualification experience, and experience of working with authorised Funds clients.
- Working technical knowledge of investment entities including a good understanding of the AIC SORP, the IA SORP, AIC Code of Corporate Governance, the collective investment scheme sourcebook.
- Good understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP including limited partnership and limited liability partnership financial statements
- Understanding of the application and interpretation of COLL and FCA Handbook in relation of authorised firms
Life is about more than work
The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, whether that's reduced or condensed hours, job shares, we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance. Everyone in the firm is encouraged to work in a hybrid way, want to go for a run at 3pm, or collect children from school? That's fine with us if it fits with your client work. Our framework for how we work underpins our approach, giving us all the confidence to make decisions that work for us, and our teams.
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.
More searches like this
- Information Security Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Audit Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Security Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom