Cyber Security Officer
- Big Red Recruitment Midlands Ltd
- GBP450–GBP500 (inside IR35)
- 15 Mar 2023
- 22 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Cyber Security
- Employer Sector
- Technology, IT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A global leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Cyber Security Officer to join their digital function to help with a large divestment project.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that separation of the divested businesses is managed in accordance with the Security Policies and Minimum Security Requirements of the company.
Role: Cyber Security Officer
Rate: GBP450–GBP500 (inside IR35)
Location: Hybrid (1 day a week in the office – 3 locations in the UK)
Duration: 6 months (high chance of extension for further 6 months)
- Working in close collaboration with the Project Team and on behalf of the CISO to evaluate all divestment requests for changes pertinent to:
- Firewall rules review and approval
- Active Directory privileged access requests
- Conduct and document Risk Assessments in accordance with risk methodology and processes and present all associated reports to the CISO for review and approval.
- Maintain an up–to–date divestment Security Risk Register detailing associated threats, existing weaknesses that could be exploited by such threats, current controls, likelihood & impact to the company and the Group should the risk materialise, the requirement for additional controls and the residual risk.
- Provide weekly progress reporting to the Project Team
- At least five years' experience in security related roles.
- Extensive experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT Operations.
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST.
- Strong understanding of the evolving threat landscape and ability to translate an emerging threat into the potential business impact