Electronic Trading Market Risk Manager - VP
- New York City, New York (US) / Hybrid
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 11 May 2023
- 31 May 2023
- Job Type
- Technology Risk
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Barclays Electronic Trading Market Risk Manager - Vice President, you will be part of the eTrading Market Risk Management team. You will provide second line Risk oversight for electronic trading activities across Equities, Rates, FX, Credit, in line with Barclays governance and controls requirements. You will also be overseeing the electronic trading initiatives for the Americas Region, as well as Equities globally. Lastly, As Barclays Electronic Trading Market Risk Manager, you will report into the Global Head of the team based in London.
Salary/ Rate Minimum: $155,000
Salary/ Rate Maximum: $200,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information about include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What you will be doing?
- Overseeing the electronic product initiatives to ensure a robust risk control framework is established
- Evaluating the design of the risk controls is fit for purpose, and risk limits established are effective to mitigate financial risk
- Challenging the testing strategy of the risk control framework for any software deployment, and engaging with Technology to drive improvements to processes via automations
- Partnering with 1st line of defence, establish, and regularly enhancing the governance and controls requirements through Policy/Standard updates
- Ensuring the policy and standard updates reflect current Regulatory, and internal Risk Management expectations
- Driving the remediation effort of the algorithm financial controls, implementing appropriate risk metrics to monitor & control exposure intraday to ensure it stays within risk appetite
- Establishing cross asset class consistency for limit structure, approvals, real time monitoring, and periodic recalibration
- Identifying process and control gaps by reviewing ongoing risk events or issues, and working with the stakeholders on remediation efforts from lessons learned
What we're looking for:
- At least five years of relevant work experience in a function related to algorithmic trading - as a trader, business manager, technologist, or risk manager
- Broad knowledge of Rules and Regulations on electronic trading (MIFID II, PRA SS5/18, US Market Access, etc.)
- A track record of Regulatory interactions
- MBA or Masters in a quantitative field
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Preferred working knowledge of Equities markets, in particular algorithmic trading strategies
- Broad understanding of traditional Operational and Market risk management frameworks and controls
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 155000 to 200000