Security Design Assurer
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Wythenshaw, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Gloucester / Hybrid
- £52,912 - £66,140
- 19 May 2023
- 02 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Cyber Security, IT Compliance, Technology Risk, Threat Management
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Wednesday 31 May 2023
£52,912 - £66,140
We support agile working
Click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Here at Lloyds Banking Group we're building the bank of the future, and we want your help to ensure we do that with security at the heart of all of our change. With over 26 million customers, we're the UK's largest Retail and Digital Bank, and with 65,000 colleagues, the scale of services, customers, and colleagues you can help protect is EPIC.
We love to do things differently in CSO. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative idea. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
Sounds an exciting prospect, right? Are you someone who wants to be in at the heart of this change, helping to define what Security Standards look like for LBG moving forward?
What you'll be doing as our Security Design Assurer:
As a Security Design Assurer, you'll be responsible for assessing, influencing, and assuring security designs, helping deliver change both securely and at pace. Working with the support of the team, you'll look to ensure that the Group's security objectives are designed directly into our systems by the security design engineers. If you have an eye for detail and would enjoy the challenge assisting technical security designers across different projects, then you could be just the Security Specialist we're looking for.
- Advising designers on how to interpret and apply security standards, helping them to achieve compliant designs and patterns.
- Evaluating security designs and patterns; identifying and understanding any risks arising from weaknesses or non-compliances against the Bank's Security Standards.
- Identifying issues with the application of the Security Standards to Designs, collaborating with the team to consider whether any changes to the standards would be appropriate.
- Describing any issues identified clearly and suggest resolutions to colleagues and senior management.
So, who are we looking for?
An individual who is highly motivated with a keen focus on improving both themselves and the services they offer the rest of the Bank. With a fair understanding of the cyber threat landscape, candidates should have some experience across a range of security disciplines and be able to apply that security expertise when advising designers to ensure risks are correctly identified and mitigated.
You'll be supporting the dynamic demands of projects and associated change activities, and accustomed to working with technical teams. With an ability to delve into the detail across security disciplines, you'll help shape technical security engineers' approach to designs.
Successful candidates will demonstrate their:
- Background and knowledge covering more than one security field (e.g., Networks, Data Security, Application Security and Identity & Access Management).
- Understanding of technical security risks & controls and management of these, supported by experience.
- Understanding of security standards, patterns and guidance.
- Appreciation of security across traditional systems, cloud hosting and third-party assurance.
- A focus on customers and delivering good outcomes, with strong organisational skills.
- Ability to build & maintain relationships within the team and across other Group Security functions.
- They will best deliver in their role through possessing the following capabilities:
- Eagerness for staying on top of industry trends / initiatives.
- A curiosity for new or existing Cyber Security technologies.
- Capability to apply pre-defined security objectives to both familiar and unfamiliar technologies.
- Confidence to challenge designs or processes to ensure secure and improved outcomes.
In return, you'll get:
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of development opportunities to learn, grow and to help you achieve an exciting and fulfilling career.
You'll enjoy a diverse, energising, and informal environment that focuses on teamwork and providing equal opportunity with working patterns beyond the standard 9-5.
You'd get a benefits package that includes a base salary of up to £75,000 plus the following...
- Generous salary plus bonus
- Private Healthcare and wellbeing
- Flexible benefits scheme
- 30 Days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Plenty of training opportunities and career progression including Hackathons!
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
So, if joining us at a critical and exciting time appeals, apply today where together we make it possible
£61,911 - £75,000 - The salary advertised is for Manchester, if you're applying to work in one of our regional hubs the weighting will vary.
Hybrid working adopted across the group with a requirement of 2 working days out of every 5 to be in a regional hub office.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Compliance Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Threat Management Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom