DFIR Security Analyst
Monday 19 June 2023
£45,000 - £58,000
Agile Working Options
Here at Lloyds Banking Group we're building the bank of the future, and we want your help to ensure we do that with security at the heart of all our change. With over 26 million customers, we're the UK's largest Retail and Digital Bank, and with 100,000 colleagues, the scale of services, customers, and colleagues you can help protect is EPIC.
We love to do things differently in CSO. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative idea. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
Sounds an exciting prospect, right?
What you'll be doing as our new Security Analyst:
As our Security Analyst you'll support across one of three core services within the Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) team; Incident Response, Forensic Investigations and Threat Hunting. You will have a proven technical background with experience in at least one of the three disciplines detailed above, as well as significant and in-depth knowledge of specific Cyber Security applications and/ or processes. You would also be expected to act as a Subject Matter Expert for security incidents and is 'on point' to provide support and guidance as required.
The Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) team's role is to ensure the integrity of the Lloyds Banking Group corporate network whilst maintaining situational awareness. This is done by hunting for unidentified threats, responding to and containing cyber security incidents, and performing forensic analysis where required in order to protect the bank, our colleagues and it's customers.
The day to day as our Security Analyst:
- Manage your own workload effectively, keeping all stakeholders engaged and updated when working on an incident, including confirming timescales of activity
- Complete comprehensive and robust investigation of the case or task in hand, ensuring where an active threat has been identified that it is escalated/contained in a timely, effective manner
- Consider the risks to the Group at all times
- Identify shortcomings and suggest improvements to existing processes and procedures
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Keep yourself up to date with changes to the external threat landscape and how that impacts the team
The bits we'd like you to possess:
- Experience within Security Operations or a similar role
- Awareness of Cyber Security industry related standard methodology
- Good knowledge and understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and underlying network protocols
- Knowledge and experience of investigating using any Event Detection and Response (EDR) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets
- Knowledge of any scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Shell, VBA)
- Produce quality and timely reporting for incidents and forensic investigations
- Strong attention to detail
- Diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from various sources
- Knowledge of threats from both internal and external sources
- Demonstrable systematic and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to resolve specific security issues or events
The nice to haves:
- Knowledge of CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CEH and similar security related qualifications
- Good understanding of other technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS)
- Knowledge of processes and toolsets used in forensics investigations
- Knowledge of processes and toolsets used in security incident detection and handling
- Experience of performing analysis during security incidents to support the response procedures
In return, you will get:
The stretch and opportunity to learn new technologies within a well-funded organisation, taking your next step up the career ladder into bigger and more complex roles allowing you to learn, grow and develop a diverse skillset helping you achieve an exciting career. You will also enjoy an energising, and informal environment that focuses on teamwork - providing equal opportunities with working patterns beyond the standard 9-5.
Being a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach for opportunities meaning the sky really is the limit providing you with a fulfilling career.
A generous benefits package that includes the following (& much more!);
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- Up to 30 Days leave plus bank holidays with the opportunity to buy up to an additional 5
- Private healthcare and wellbeing cover
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Plenty of training opportunities and career progression including Hackathons!
Edinburgh - £45,000- 50,000
London - £52,000- £58,000
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
So, if joining us at a critical and exciting time appeals, apply today where together we make it possible
More searches like this
- Digital Forensics Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Incident Responder Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Security Analyst Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Vulnerability Analysis Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom