Tuesday 20 June 2023
£48,663 - £54,070
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
We're building the Bank of the Future and developing the next generation of Digital Banking solutions securely.
Can you help us make it possible?
If you're motivated, keen to develop advanced cyber skills and enjoy building relationships then you'll thrive in our Security, Data & Technology team!
What you'll be doing...
You'll be joining a fast-paced team who are leading the way in the IT Cyber Security industry. LBG are investing significantly in this field so if cyber is your thing then you'll love the fact that we're constantly innovating our security technologies and tools to protect LBG against threats.
In this role you'll use data analytics solutions to drive innovation and enable the cyber threat management strategy. You'll also develop and implement threat monitoring use cases, derived from appropriate threat intelligence sources and advanced data modelling techniques
- Responsible for assisting in delivery of key services within the Technical Development & Delivery function. This consists of:
- Technical development of the SIEM (Security Information and Event Management), SOAR (Security Orchestration Automation and Response) and other relevant monitoring toolsets including DLP and Insider.
- Data Analysis and Modelling
- Process Design and ctively participate in service and process management meetings.
- Plan and maintain own task schedule with overall priorities assigned by the management team/ senior team members.
- Produce clear and consistent technical documentation.
- Assess and resolve issues in relation to the relevant toolsets.
- Develop and implement threat monitoring use cases in accordance to business requirements.
- Complete tuning and revalidation tasks for existing threat monitoring rules.
- Investigate and resolve incident records in line with business requirements.
- Use data analytics solutions to deliver innovation into key services
- Support the culture of continuous improvement through generating and developing new or improved ways of working.
What we're looking for...
Are you someone who already has a strong understanding of Cyber Security industry related standards and looking to take your career and skills in Security Operations to the next level? If yes, we value the following:
- Awareness of Cyber Security industry related best practice.
- Good knowledge and understanding of security and operational requirements of commonly used operating systems.
- Good understanding of other technologies (e.g. Cloud, Firewalls, Proxies, IDS/IPS).
- Good Knowledge of any SIEM/SOAR/DLP/Insider/Database Monitoring toolset.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Shell, PowerShell).
- Diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from different sources along with a demonstrable systematic and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CEH or similar security or toolset related qualifications.
- Knowledge of parsing/normalization of logs, rule engine, log storage, source device, log collection and event analysis.
- Knowledge of processes used in security incident detection and handling.
- Experience of delivering improvements to security controls.
- Validated experience of delivering IT Security projects.
- Experience of working with any SIEM/SOAR toolset.
Out of hours working to cover changes and 24x7 call out may be required.
Some travel may be required.
In return, you'll learn new skills, technologies, and approaches to cyber development. As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career!
You'll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 28 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Information Security Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Security Engineer Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Threat Management Financial Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)