Lead Network Engineer
We're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team:
Global team of dynamic, creative and collaborative problems solvers working together to build highly secure and scalable solutions to drive innovation and operational excellence. Be responsible for the health, performance, and continuous improvement of the applications and systems that IT is responsible for. This group is the digital thought and technology collective working with world-class creative Media & Entertainment executives and their teams; acting as the trusted operators and strategic partners to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Your role as a Lead Network Engineer:
This is an opportunity to move the needle and make a significant impact within a large global enterprise. Responsibilities include coordinating projects and resources as new business offerings and technologies are developed and implemented within the business. Requires excellent communication and technical skills, while working closely with all business units within the Group in determining design criteria and proof of concept as they relate to each business offering. Other functionality includes acting as engineering liaison to outside engineering entities, project budget management, staffing development and vendor management. Collaborate, design and implement ideas with business leaders from whiteboard to digital delivery and be a true partner with our business leaders. Recognise that as a Service we're there to partner and steward the organisation to operate efficiently, drive revenue and manage risk.
Here you'll get to:
- Implement, and integrate network solutions based on Cisco LAN/WAN, Palo Alto Firewalls/VPN, SilverPeak SDWAN, and Meraki WiFi
- Stay abreast of industry trends in order to proactively identify areas for growth, improvement, and development with the capability to implement industry best practice
- Establish and Implement network management policies and guidelines to ensure the maximum availability of the client networks
- Develop, deploy, and maintain the latest technologies in Video Conferencing and Telephony systems
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, Multicast)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor network performance ensuring system availability and reliability
- Hands on experience in architecture/design, implementation & administration of data/VoIP networks
- Maintain, support, and install multiple client infrastructures. Network technologies include firewalls, routers, switches, IDS/IPS, and content filters
- Hands-on network experience and understanding of: Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, TCP/IP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching and routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP, VPN, network security, data circuits, and application specific protocols
- Experience with centralized device monitoring and management tools
- Hands-on experience in deployment of Video Conferencing and Telephony environments (Cisco WebEx, MS Teams, Zoom, Google Meet)
- Must have relevant hands-on experience with the following technology or equivalent: Palo Alto, Cisco, SilverPeak, Meraki
- Expertise in routing & switching technologies & platforms
- Expertise in network systems solutions and analysis of network performance, allowing for the planning of necessary enhancements using disciplined network administration processes
- Hands on experience in voice & video conferencing, gateway setup and maintenance
- Isolate and resolve network-related service problems, diagnose and correct problems resulting from component failure or normal use of the network
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Vulnerability and penetration testing/auditing and remediation
- Incident and crisis planning and response
- SOX/PCI/GDPR compliance a plus
- Experience mitigating malware, virus's, advanced persistent threats, phishing, suspicious network traffic
Salary - £85,000 - £95,000 with hybrid working, bonus and benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data:
Security alert: scammers are currently targeting jobseekers. Robert Half do not ask candidates for a fee or request candidates to send applications through instant messaging services such as WhatsApp or Telegram. Learn how to protect yourself by visiting our website:
Apply for Lead Network Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Network Security Technology, IT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Penetration Tester Technology, IT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Security Engineer Technology, IT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Vulnerability Analysis Technology, IT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Greater)