Graduate Maritime Services Product Security Engineer P&TS Broad Oak Hampshire September 2024
Job Title Graduate Product Security Engineer
Location Broad Oak (Hampshire)
BAE Systems do offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements, however it is expected on our Graduate Programme you will be required to attend your site 1-2 days per week. Please note, this may be subject to change in line with the needs of the business. The hybrid working arrangements including which days you are required to work on site/remotely will be outlined by your line manager.
Salary £34,000 + £2,000 Welcome Bonus
Join our Maritime Services Team to become part of the only provider of complex warships, while providing the Royal Navy with its most advanced and powerful attack Warships. Our end to end Maritime Services range from warship availability, equipment and facilities management to training, product development and through life support for radar, torpedoes and small boats - Every Role Makes a Difference, You will make a difference.
What you will be doing
As a graduate product security engineer, you will develop skills associated with the principles of Information Assurance (IA), cyber security and physical security that can be applied across the entire engineering lifecycle from requirement definition through to security assurance of a system at acceptance and then into system support.
Under close supervision you will apply your growing IA, cyber and physical security knowledge and skills in liaison with project development engineers and external system accreditors supporting the provision of security advice, guidance, and production of IA evidence, to shape technical solutions for Training Services Group (TSG) products.
We also provide the opportunity to get involved in projects outside of your primary remit. We encourage you to seek a stretch project in which you'll gain different experiences. With our huge portfolio of products and our multinational presence, there are opportunities to get involved in something different around every corner. Additionally, we encourage involvement in community projects, STEM initiatives and support groups (called employee resource groups) which all provide valuable learning and development experiences that you may not have access to in your day-to-day role. To ensure we retain our talented people, we offer a blend of sponsorship, additional support in career development planning and a portfolio of high potential development programmes. We are also fully committed to supporting graduates to work towards professional registration and Chartership with a range of professional institutes (e.g. the IET and IMechE). Our graduate scheme is accredited with a number of different professional institutes, which means that we have demonstrated high standards of delivery and support.
Our mission is to build a strong, diverse, adaptable, and high performing work force that will develop and grow our future business. We believe that everyone has talent, and at the heart of our talent management approach our ambition is to be recognised as the UK's top employer in the defence and security sector for valuing diversity and inclusion. Accelerated development will be offered to those who have the aspiration, ability, and performance to fulfil roles that are critical to our future success. Using The Future Talent Programme, we select high potential graduates and provide them with further tailored development opportunities.
Specific Activities may include:
• Support the security design and accreditation of a number of Maritime products at varying points in the engineering lifecycle working under close technical supervision of a lead Product Security Engineer
• Support a lead Product Security Engineer in liaison/interaction with independent system security accreditors to agree mitigation of product security risks
• With direction, contribute to the cyber and physical security strategy appropriate for a number of Maritime products
• With direction, discern and decompose IA, cyber security and physical security requirements to system level and manage these in an approved toolset such as IBM DOORS Next
• With direction and liaison, contribute to the technical design of various Maritime products to build security into the design from development conception and then evolve as necessary at various phases of the engineering development lifecycle
• Learn to use appropriate tools and techniques to analytically determine the IA and security risks associated with a system design
• Gain an understanding of the practical implemention of security mitigation technologies such as encryption and anti-temper solutions
• Support a lead Product Security Engineer in the definition of acceptance strategies used to verify cyber and physical security compliance at different levels of system design and support production of associated acceptance evidence
• Assist with technical reviews of security and IA documentation in accordance with business, legislative and customer requirements
• Develop a working knowlegde of contemporary IA, cyber and physical security technical standards, practices and technologies
As a minimum requirement you'll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor's or Master's degree in A STEM subject
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. A career here means using your passion and ingenuity to defend national security with breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions. It's rewarding work that truly makes a difference. And as you tackle critical projects, you'll work alongside a supportive team - driven by a shared ambition to protect what really matters. At BAE Systems, you'll find an extraordinary career where you can realize your true potential.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under represented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Export Control / Security
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Start date (dd Month Year) 02/09/2024 Length of contract Permanent contract