IT Engineer (Physical Security IT Systems)
Monday 25 September 2023
£66,861 - £74,290
Agile Working Options
JOB TITLE: IT Engineer (Physical Security IT Systems)
SALARY: £67,000.00 - £74,000.00 GBP
LOCATION(S): Edinburgh, Birmingham, Manchester, Halifax, Leeds, Bristol, Glasgow
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in an office site
About this opportunity
We're looking for a passionate IT professional to join our team and provide first class technical support for the off-the-shelf, third-party software applications used to provide physical security in our data centres.
You'll be our SME (Subject Matter Expert) on these software applications and will mentor and train other colleagues in the use of these applications. If you have good experience in the deployment, configuration and support of these applications, then we'd like to hear from you.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
You'll be our SME working as part of a supportive team to deliver and maintain the Group's physical security solutions, including critical applications that support and monitor the Group's intruder alarm, access control and CCTV monitoring systems within our data centres. The work you'll do is crucial in protecting both our colleagues and customers.
You'll help design, document, test, implement and support multiple business applications on 3rd party supported platforms. This includes solutioning a varied range of project requests while providing technical expertise to ensure integrity, security, compliance and quality standards are adhered to at all times.
We'll also need you to deliver improvements and new services using Groupwide processes and toolsets and ultimately to contribute to future strategic technology direction.
Like the modern Britain we serve, we're evolving. Investing billions in our people, data and tech to transform the way we meet the ever-changing needs of our 26 million customers. We're growing with purpose. Join us on our journey and you will too...
What you'll need:
- Demonstrable experience of designing, deploying, and supporting the below applications at an Enterprise level
1. Milestone X protect 2.
2. AXIS CCTV
3. Commend Intercom systems
- Demonstrate a passion for IT systems and a willingness to develop towards becoming a lead expert in the physical security field.
- Some experience writing technical documentation.
- A quick learner, who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry whilst supporting those around them on the same journey.
- Some experience in designing IT solutions.
- Flexibility, as we'll require you to participate in the team on-call rota. This provides "live incident" IT support for our physical security systems outside of normal working hours ensuring our systems continue to operate 24x7. There is a small additional hourly on-call payment and overtime is paid for the duration of the call out (minimum of 2hrs paid per call out).
It'd be great if you also had:
- Demonstrable experience of designing, deploying, and supporting Advancis Winguard at an Enterprise level
- Knowledge of physical security IT systems across the industry, up to date knowledge of the threats posed.
- Is a confident and articulate communicator who can address security and technical security matters with colleagues and senior stakeholders, ensuring risks and threats are effectively managed.
- Experience with some of the following would be useful: Windows Server, SQL, firewalls, network switches, routers, VMware, Intruder Detection Systems, Access Management systems, Infrastructure Development.
- Experience of Identifying, articulating, and documenting risks using standard toolsets.
- Identifies shortcomings, suggests improvements and implements approved revisions to current compliance processes, systems and procedures.
- Identifies and evaluates complex solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So, if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares!
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping.
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people?
Join our journey.