Thursday 28 September 2023
£66,861 - £74,290
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours; Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Location(s): Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Halifax, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Gloucester
Hours: Full time
Working Pattern: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in an office site
About this opportunity
Are you someone who wants to be in the heart of Cyber Security delivering change and working in an agile way? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Security Consultant to ensure Security by Design is embedded across our change portfolio. You will be authoring Security Design documents and providing crucial consultancy on security threats, risks, and the implementation of Security controls.
Cyber Security sits at the heart of our business providing the Group with a secure operating environment, safe from malicious attacks. It is a dynamic and constantly evolving world where your experience and efforts can deliver tangible results to the safety of a huge company and over 30m customers.
We're on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it!
The bits we'd like to see from you:
- The ability to deconstruct a solution / network architecture.
- Ability to identify and mitigate against threats and vulnerabilities associated with proposed solutions and evaluate the soundness of solutions using industry standard practices (e.g., STRIDE, MITRE)
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret threats into Risks, using your knowledge and experience to assist the business in assessing likelihood and impact.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Skills to produce and articulate Security Designs to all stakeholders within the project and business.
- Comfortable weighing the risks and benefits of competing Security design options.
- Comfortable working on multiple challenging projects simultaneously.
The nice to haves:
- Awareness of industry related security standards such as ISO 27000 series, PCI DSS, COBIT, NIST, OWASP
- Certifications in Security Management such as CISSP / CISM / CCSP or equivalent
- Certifications in technical Security domains such as CEH / OSCP or equivalent
- Experience of Public and or Private cloud environments.
We're on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we're shaping finance for good. We're focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you.
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Cyber Security Consultant Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Security Architect Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Security Consultant Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester