Senior Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
Location: Various. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa 60k
What you'll be doing:
- Deliver assurance services to the business, SS EIT, IM&T Sector and Group Functions, covering enterprise systems / services and cloud
- Identification of risk and appropriate mitigations, development & analysis of secure solutions (covering technical / physical / procedural / personnel controls) and assessment of compliance with internal and external standards and regulations
- Deliver documentation to demonstrate compliance to internal and external stakeholders
- Assessment and provision of control effectiveness in managing Cyber security risk
- Provide security architecture / technical input into the development of secure solutions
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Support development of strategy and continual service improvement for the Cyber assurance function
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding Cyber assurance activities for the wider organisation
Your skills and experiences:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) preferably in a related discipline (ICT/Computing, Information assurance, risk management, vulnerability/threat assessment) or equivalent, related work experience
- Knowledge of information security standards, such as HMG, NCSC Guidance, ISO 27001/18, NIST 800 etc. HMG is fundamental
- Capable of a very high standard of written communication including experience of writing complex reports and giving formal presentations to senior business peers
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard security policy, standards and good practice guidance and their application to a variety of IT solutions processing protectively marked information
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53 & NIST 800-171
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The EIT Cyber Assurance team:
The Cyber Assurance Team within Shared Services are part of Enterprise IT (EIT) with responsibility for assuring all enterprise managed systems and services, spanning UK/RoW. The team ensure systems / services are built and configured in-line with applicable Cyber Security Standards. In addition, the team conduct through-life assurance of controls ensuring they are operating effectively to combat the threats and risks BAE SYSTEMS face and adhere to our regulatory certifications. EIT Cyber is growing team with huge opportunity for development within a diverse landscape.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 27 th September 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
More searches like this
- Cloud Security Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cyber Security Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Assurance Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Security Analyst Public Sector, Government & Military £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom