Senior IT Analyst (Cyber)
About UK Infrastructure Bank
We are the new, government-owned policy bank - launched in June 2021 - providing £22bn of infrastructure finance and partnering with the private sector and local government to finance a green industrial revolution and drive growth across the United Kingdom.
We are looking for skilled and results oriented individuals who are motivated to help us build the UKIB into an industry-leading institution.
Work with IT Risk and Security Lead and other stakeholders, identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities to UKIB applications, processes, and infrastructure. Mitigating Cyber Risks, responding to security incidents, and processing BAU security functions as required.
Core role accountabilities
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis of incidents, response, mitigation, and reporting where required.
- Utilise a range of Information Security tools, to identify and respond to Information Security threats and incidents, actual or perceived, external or internal.
- Work with a diverse set of stakeholders including 3rd party and partner organisations in relation to cyber security issues and provide reporting and recommendations.
- Contribute to and help maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security.
- Contribute to existing or create new policies or procedures to mitigate the impact of any future Cyber-attacks.
- Contribute to existing or create new BAU processes to embed Information Security within the business.
- Monitor for and respond to potential impacts of 'phishing' emails and 'pharming' activity.
- Assisting in planning for disaster recovery and creation of contingency plans in the event of any security incidents.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance, and delivery of Information security awareness training for colleagues.
- Give advice and guidance to colleagues on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails, and general security awareness.
- Maintain an awareness of emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them.
- Maintain an awareness of emerging tools or technologies to improve cyber resilience and general Information Security.
- Assist with audit or other potentially sensitive data gathering requests.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of information security and IS risk management.
- Understanding of key industry frameworks (such as NIST, ISO and Cyber Essentials).
- Strong analytical mind to assess and manipulate large datasets to deliver the relevant insights.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with Azure and M365 technologies
- Outstanding written and verbal presentational skills coupled with high demonstrable proficiency in presenting risk information and KPIs.
- Clear business acumen, patience, pragmatism, strong judgemental and problem-solving skills to solve problems and make recommendations.
- Excellent investigative, problem solving and fault diagnosing skills and ability to articulate solutions in a business context.
- Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision and prioritise own work effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Relevant professional qualifications/certifications, preferably in Microsoft Azure/M365 technologies
- Understanding and awareness of Data Protection responsibilities and practise.
- Good understanding of key regulatory regimes (including GDPR).
- Good facilitation experience.
- Experience working with multiple IT managed service providers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business processes, ideally within financial services.
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively represent UKIB through building collaborative relationships.
- Self-motivated, and well organised with initiative and comfortable with continuous improvement working to agreed objectives, targets and timescales.
- Experience of managing a diverse set of internal and external stakeholder relationships.
A career with us offers a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact and work on cutting-edge technologies that will drive the UK's future. We value diversity in our people and inclusion is at the heart of what we do.
We offer competitive benefits and unique learning opportunities from combining both private and public sector skills and experience.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Public Sector, Government & Military £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bradford
- IT Security Public Sector, Government & Military £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bradford
- Security Analyst Public Sector, Government & Military £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bradford
- Systems Analyst Public Sector, Government & Military £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bradford