OT Security Network Engineering Lead
How do you ensure OT Wide Area Networks have stable and resilient communications?
A key role in leading, operating and enhancing a secure and resilient communications network within National Grid Electricity Transmission (NGET). You’ll be involved with high profile projects such as defining and shaping the network management centre for Operational Technology (OT) Wide Area Networks (WAN), lead on the requirements of the design and then the development and delivery thereafter. Once delivered, ongoing management of a critical OT Wide Area Network.
You’ll join the ET Control & Cyber Strategy team who provide strategic direction for a more secure and resilient Electricity Transmission (ET) network. Building relationships and setting the vision you’ll lead technical teams on how we build out, the strategic direction and the programme for securing critical OT WAN. Liaising with vendors and internal resources to build WAN network capabilities including a new Network Management Centre.
You will have responsibility for the team that manages and maintains a large, distributed WAN Network. You’ll also be NGET’s primary strategic lead engaging with Ofgem, National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ) on OT Network initiatives.
Key skills and knowledge – the must haves
- You will have an excellent understanding of IT/OT Cyber Security and be skilled in validating design L2 networks including ethernet, fibre and wireless, a good understanding of L3 networks and a strong WAN background.
- Demonstrable ability in validating design and operating complex OT Wide Area Networks. Experience of leading and motivating a team.
- A salary up to £71,000 + Benefits package + Training and Development.
- Enhance holiday package 26 days annual leave plus 8 statutory days.
- The option to buy additional or sell holiday days.
- Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. Overall 18%.
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – relevant to your role.
- Access to flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days).
- Access to apps that support health, fitness and wellbeing.
Apply for immediate consideration.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Public Sector, Government & Military £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Security Public Sector, Government & Military £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Network Security Public Sector, Government & Military £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Security Engineer Public Sector, Government & Military £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom