Senior Security Engineer
Saturday 30 December 2023
£66,861 - £74,290
Agile Working Options
JOB TITLE: Senior Security Engineer
SALARY: The salary banding for this role is £66,861 - £74,290
LOCATION: Leeds, Bristol, Halifax or Manchester
HOURS: 35 hours, full time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity
Are you a skilled security engineer? We have a great opportunity in the newly formed Robotic Soul - Non human Cloud Platform Identity Services team. A recently formed squad focusing on non-human end to end lifecycle, solutions and capability roll out.
Our Cloud Services department is looking for a motivated individual to ensure that the appropriate security controls are in place, focusing on keeping bank services safe while simultaneously supporting programme timescales and business outcomes. You'll be responsible for security requirements, designs, risks and defining controls to mitigate these risks and guiding other areas of technical programmes to embed security in the best manner for the Bank.
Security is at the heart of everything we do at LBG, and our Engineers contribute to building a secure culture. It'll feature as a key part of your role - having a secure mindset to provide strong and resilient business solutions that safeguard our business and customers from security threats.
You'll be working with architects, product owners and engineers to collaboratively define the mid and low-level security requirements into a collection of design and engineering activities to ensure we're delivering against agreed security standards and principles.
You'll be curating new cloud products ready to be utilised across the LBG estate. Delivering platform maturity through the development and enhancement of products and delivery of new security custom guardrails.
Lastly, proactively identifying and managing security risks not exclusively as part of the design/engineering process. Whilst owning the end-to-end security view for specific platform components, shared services, or application integration items.
Why Lloyds Banking Group
From building a truly sustainable business to creating a place where people love to work, we need colleagues who are up for the challenge of our bold ambitions. Who are excited to push boundaries and make change happen. Together, we can grow with purpose.
What you'll need
- A strong background and practical experience as a Security Engineer
- Public cloud experience including AWS and/or GCP, Azure
- Threat modelling experience both platform and application/product level
- Ability to detect and raise appropriate security, technical and business risks
- Ability to draft and review designs reconciling back to the LBG Security and Industry Standards
- Ability to manage own workload and self-learn on the job
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Take a proactive approach to ensure that security is incorporated into all aspects of our deliveries
- Take ownership of security from end-to-end to drive the best outcomes
- Prioritise your work, considering the balance of all outcomes not only the Security outcomes
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know
We also offer a wide ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
More searches like this
- Cloud Security Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cyber Security Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Security Engineer Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Financial Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom