Technology and Data Surveillance Lead (Financial Crime)
Role position - Financial Crime Data Risk Management Lead
Location - London or Chatham
Hybrid pattern - 1-2 days a week in the office
ARR are exclusively mandated on a data surveillance position within the Financial Crime function for a FTSE listed lending business.
The role operates within the second line Risk and Compliance Function, reporting to the Senior Financial Crime Risk Manager. Your key responsiblities are to develop the Groups' Financial Crime surveillance technology and manage projects around this.
You will also be responsible for understanding and improving systems effectiveness from a risk management perspective and will need to be able to translate coding information to high level executives.
Please note that UK experience is required for this position and my client is unable to offer sponsorship.
Background Experience Required
- Experience of working with systems in a second line compliance function (AML/KYC)
- Ability to understand and decipher coding (SQL SAS, Python etc)
- Experience of leading and managing projects and initiatives with strong data management skills, enabling you to understand, interpret, and present requirements in a simplified way and create structured overviews.
- Ability to interrogate data and assess the risk of systems effectiveness
- Strong ability to influence stakeholders of varying levels of seniority up to SMF level, and constructively challenge.
- Ability to present technical issues in a manner that can be understood by non-technical audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write clear and concise process and procedure documentation.