IT Risk and Controls Manager
IT Risk and Controls Manager
GBP60,000 – GBP70,000 plus bonus and extensive benefits
Full Time / Permanent
Hybrid / West Midlands
My large, nationally recognised client are looking for a driven and experienced IT Risk and Controls Manager to join the team as they embark upon another exciting period of transformation.
As the IT Risk and Controls Manager you will play a leading role in the implementation and on–going maintenance of the IT controls framework. The role will involve working alongside key IT stakeholders and external third parties to shape the future of the controls environment. You will also be responsible for building and overseeing a small team.
This is a hybrid role with the successful candidate required to be on site for 2 days per week ideally at the West Midlands head office.
- Lead IT scoping activities in line with the processes and underlying systems architecture which enable these processes.
- Perform user access risk assessments to manage segregation of duties and sensitive access risks.
- Lead a team in assessing the in–scope IT systems and controls in line with IT general control framework and a suite of IT Automated Controls.
- Support the development and maintenance of effective internal controls over financial reporting as well as maintenance of control operating procedures, processes, and policies.
- Work with IT to develop plans to uplift existing controls or implement new controls where risk gaps exist.
- Deliver the controls testing lifecycle and documenting the assessments and recommendations. Validate control gaps and work with the IT to develop remediation plans for these failures.
- Provide expert controls input into change programmes within finance and IT functions to ensure that controls are appropriately considered in the design and implementation of these programmes. Evaluate the effectiveness of the internal controls framework and opportunities for improvement, including the development and implementation of process improvements and automation.
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience working in a similar IT Risk and Controls Manager role within a large organisation.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks, application controls and automated controls and impact on financial reporting
- Advanced risk, controls, and information technology operations knowledge
- Knowledge of IT auditing practices within finance IT applications and the underlying infrastructure
- Experience in identifying control gaps and communicating audit findings and control redesign recommendations.
- Experience working in a SOX environment including internal controls and risk management.
- Both project and team management experience are also preferred.
Please apply via the link or contact for more information.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.