Director, Cybersecurity - CTIA The Wireless Association
Provide leadership and direction on cybersecurity for the industry including best practices for design, architecture, engineering, operations, and support mobile industry in providing reports to the FCC and other government agencies, such as Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Work with member company security experts on technical recommendations to advance industry-led approaches on security of networks, devices, and systems for the wireless ecosystem. Drive, develop and manage the plan, including 4G, 5G, and IoT approaches to meet the industry’s cybersecurity objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
- Provide leadership in the area of cybersecurity. Establish best practices for cybersecurity and engineering including 4G and 5G, IoT, and advanced security solutions. Provide suggestions to operators and industry partners on areas for improvement to evolve the wireless networks’ ability to provide robust security.
- Develop and modify cybersecurity recommendations to enhance resiliency to the evolving threat landscape. Provide practical, cost effective methods and procedures.
- Liaison with the FCC, government agencies, and operators to establish the right balance of network security and mitigation/restoration information to meet government needs while not burdening operators.
- Drive key programs based on the NIST Framework and FCC CSRIC and FCC TAC recommendations.
- Work with executives and technical experts at member companies and government bodies (e.g. NTIA, FCC, DHS, DoD) to develop technical positions and approaches that provide value to members while meeting regulatory objectives.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid background and experience in wireless network architectures, technology including radio access and cybersecurity standards and technology. (REQUIRED)
- Experience in development or deployment of mobile wireless networks and/or equipment, including the different device OS’s, e.g. Android, iOS. (REQUIRED)
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering standards to construct and build secure networks from mobile telephone switching centers (MTSO) and Enhanced Packet Core elements to Network equipment centers and radio base station/cell sites locations.
- Leadership of teams to drive development and deployment plans to achieve milestones
- Ability to distill key technical points for policy makers, regulatory bodies, and media
Provide leadership and direction to industry and member groups. Manage resource(s) to conduct analyses, testing, and validation.
Manage contractors and vendors to conduct analyses and testing.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate a strong command of wireless technology including network architecture and security aspects along with the following competencies:
- Project Management – Drives overall programs and projects
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Strong self-starter, Takes initiative, Creates a path forward with innovative solutions.
Experience in Microsoft Office, with advanced experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS in Engineering or related science field with 8-10 years of job-related experience. MS or equivalent a plus.
Cybersecurity certifications desired, e.g. CISSP. Experienced in leading teams to conduct planning, analysis, roadmaps, and architecture plans. Engineering and operations experience with a wireless operator or network infrastructure provider extremely valuable.
Detail-oriented with knowledge of grammar and punctuation. Proficiency in proofreading skills and strong communications skills are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use of motor skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. This position may require overtime. Candidate must be flexible to work overtime if needed.
CTIA is currently teleworking and this hire may be brought on remotely. The hire is expected to work in the DC office Tuesday-Thursday with the option to work from home Monday and Friday when our office re-opens this fall.
This list describes general job duties and responsibilities. It is not a complete list of duties. Incumbents may be required to perform additional tasks related to these duties.
CTIA does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, marital status, personal appearance, veteran status, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information, pregnancy or related conditions, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.